WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning. I need some help ... again!

I just picked up a great looking Omega from my local watch guy yesterday. It had just come in on a trade the night before. It's a 1962-63 Semaster DeVille with a manual wind cal. 600 movement. It even sports an original vintage beads of rice bracelet. Looks immaculate, but does have one problem. At some point the po had the crown replaced for some reason. And it was obviously by a non-qualified repairman. The stem spent set right and the crown is generic. With the stem as they left it, it allowed moisture in and began to rust the stem setting. My current watchmaker says it should be now issue repairing it IF he can get the correct stem and crown replacement. Apparently a big IF. He says that Omega has been ever increasingly difficult to get parts from, even those that should be readily available. I'm guessing it's due to his tiny shop size. Who knows.

What I'm trying to track down is the correct crown and stem for the watch. Part numbers would be outstanding. As well as any leads on who may have these parts other than omega?

The case # is: 136.020
The cal. 610 mvmt serial # is: 20513973

a771a7d6.jpg
6660c216.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts