WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all;

I'm a recent 1963 owner living in the USA - love the watch but have read a lot about the quality issues associated with the movement among other things.

My question is - does anyone know of someone in the US who can service this watch? I have looked around and am using this post as my last resort.

Thanks

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Hi all;

I'm a recent 1963 owner living in the USA - love the watch but have read a lot about the quality issues associated with the movement among other things.

My question is - does anyone know of someone in the US who can service this watch? I have looked around and am using this post as my last resort.

Thanks
Member lysanderxiii on this forum has repaired some but you'll have to PM him and ask if he is taking in any work.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Contact Kevin at Sea-Gull USA. My experience with him has been first class, I'm sure he'll guide you appropriately.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
The ST19 is based on a swiss movement from what I've read, so it shouldn't be any great problem to find a watchmaker able to work on it. The problem likely will be finding a watchmaker whose time costs less than the watch is worth, ie., I was quoted $75 by a local watchmaker to realign the chrono sweep hand, which is an awful lot of money for a sub-$300 watch. At some point, the watch has to be worth more to the owner than it's cash value, else it won't be worth repairing as opposed to replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts