WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I came across this old seiko ad from 1969 showing a group of 6106 models available for that year:

Since I happened to have two of the watches in the picture at the time, I set about finding the rest of them and trying to recreate the add. Many forumers helped me get there. Guys like Lew Brown, Jonathan Koch, John Reineke, Jose Sotto, Ken Seteser, Shawn Taylor,
Gerard Malisheski, and many others.

The end result of a few years of collecting and rennovation has been this little gang of six.
From left to right they are: 6106-7119, 6106-5009, 6106-7097, 6106-8207, 6106-7107 and 6106-8589.

So today I took advantage of the wife being in town and the baby napping, and took the opportunity to recreate the shot. First is this one in which I laid each watch over a copy of it's counterpart on a printout of the ad:

And second is my poor attempt at recreating the actual ad (I didn't notice that I had failed to set the correct dates on two until after I had taken the picture):

I hope you've enjoyed what has been a project a few years in the making. Now of to find another ad to recreate.

Thanks for watching.

·
11,870 Posts
Very cool! :-!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Now THAT is collecting! Very cool you were able to complete your collection.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Wow, cool project.
All correct right down to the same bracelet. That one must have been the toughest, finding the correct bracelet.

All for $69.50 to $75... How much is that in todays moneys.

·
5,150 Posts
What a very cool project! I'll bet it was loads of fun chasing down the watches concerned. :-!:-!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
literally all over the place and all over the world, but mainly with the help of some wonderful forumers.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Very cool! You might want to give it another try on a white background to come even closer, and sticking the watches on strips of cardboard to keep the bracelets straight and keep them from hugging the other watches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts