WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this watch. I loved it online, hunted it and bid on it, searched and negotiated for it multiple times, each time thinking I was trying to acquire a blue dial watch with a tan or brown tachymetre ring that circled the outside of the dial......then the one that I did acquire arrived in mint condition and I loved it even more. Now, after hundreds of photos I have finally captured the true essence of this watch - the markers are all bright white and the Tachymeter ring is bright shiny silver......

A.JPG

B.jpg

So there it is - Blue white and silver.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Good lord that's a beauty. Congrats. I want one bad, could you expounded on your search?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was originally looking for a Panda dial Cal 11 (and I still am). I bid on 4 or 5 on ebay (they usually sell within 24 hours there), bid on 2 or 3 in forums and classified sites (and was usually just hours too late), spoke to people in NYC, San Francisco, LA, the UK, Switzerland, Italy and Spain, still couldn't catch up with a cal 11 Chrono-Matic Panda....... And then this one got listed on ebay with really poor photos that made the watch look gold tone and it sat for over 3 weeks then when the auction expired (with no bids) the seller figured out the correct setting on his camera relisted it but by then I had already exchanged multiple emails with him and he was eager and fair, the watch is pristine with zero signs of wear or use at all and it actually has a cool history. This watch (according to the inscription on the caseback and the seller) was a gift to pilot Gene Barton from Delta Airlines, given to him after he completed the first commercial 747 flight in the United States.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I keep returning to look at the photos again. It's absolutely stunning and looks like it just left the AD. The added provenance of the original ownership is pretty cool, too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
+1 to that!
I keep returning to look at the photos again. It's absolutely stunning and looks like it just left the AD. The added provenance of the original ownership is pretty cool, too.
I think I've been back to this post at least 4 or 5 times now:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts