WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if it's wise to pull the trigger on this, allegedly, 1970 Tudor...

primera.jpg
segunda.jpg
tercera.jpg
quinta.jpg
sexta.jpg

I''m no expert, but, to be honest, even I can spot some odd issues...
1.- The movement. It doesn't seem to have the name Tudor on it.
2.- The inner case back. There is no Tudor mention either.
3.- The outer case back. The spanish word 'impermeable' is replacing 'waterproof' or similar...
4.- The Tudor logo. Isn't it too small? I wonder if that was the size back then...

Are all of these signs against the piece's legitimacy?

Part of me wants to believe... the price is like 350 USD, which is low but still plausible in my county...

What do you think?
Thanks!

*EDIT: For what I've read, this could have been ensambled in Mexico during the late sixties or early seventies.
If that's the case, this still would be an authentic Tudor (?) because at the time mexican regulation 'encouraged' Rolex to join forces with mexican producers of bezels, dials and glasses...
However, there seems to be no consensus between the users of this forum:
http://www.foroderelojes.es/showthread.php/49344-¿Notan-algo-raro-en-este-tudor

They say that it would be better to ask Rolex Mexico directly...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sorry but everything about this watch is a giant "Nope" for me.

"incabloc 17 Rubis" = Nope

The crystal & bezel = Nope

Non Rolex Crown = Nope

The non Qyster Rolex case back = Nope

The second hand is too short = Nope

The unmarked generic movement = Nope

Where's the model Ref#? = Nope

The sales Tag is using 1950's Tudor font's and emblems (from an older watch?) = Nope.

I have seen some parts like bracelets that were made in Mexico before, but they always looked liked actual Rolex parts, and not some generic Swiss jobber part.

You have to remember even back in the 60's unscrupulous people were making fakes of Omegas, Rolex's etc. (You would find them by the docks in long trench coats lol) The whole idea for the con to work is to give you just enough authenticity, that you will take the chance at a "Deal of a lifetime"... I've seen some con artists go as far as to use a real movement, but fake case. Or quite often a real rotor is all they need. In your case you might be purchasing a authentic Tudor box, but too bad your paying $300+ dollars for it.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The non-rolex caseback has a serial number(?) indicating it was made in the early 1950's(?)
Doesn't seem right at all.

Reactions: busmatt

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
The logo inside the case back is by A. Donze-Baum SA, which according to Mikrolisk was registered in 1987! Which would make even an assessment of 1970s dubious. For what it's worth, the movement is from the Adolf Schild Cal. AS 1700 family Cal. AS 1701 with date):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 1701

...which also goes less than well with the case.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts