WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New with Seiko. Would appreciate recommendations for a 1970's chrono under $1000. Preferably one that you still own. Pictures appreciated, too. Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
15,826 Posts
New with Seiko. Would appreciate recommendations for a 1970's chrono under $1000. Preferably one that you still own. Pictures appreciated, too. Thanks much!
There are a couple on sale in the classifieds.

They look great and have apparently been serviced recently.

If you can't locate them, please let me know and I will do so when I get home from work in approximately 10 hours or so.

Best of luck 🤞

·
Banned
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a couple on sale in the classifieds.

They look great and have apparently been serviced recently.
If you can't locate them, please let me know and I will do so when I get home from work in approximately 10 hours or so.

Best of luck 🤞
Thanks much- will take a look now.

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
339 Posts
I am confused. Are you specifically looking for a Seiko chrono?

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
339 Posts
Gotcha. I have had 6139s and the 6138 UFO. I enjoyed the dual chronograph more than the single 6139. For my money, the finest looking chronograph ever made, regardless of brand, is the 6138-8020. You may find one for $1k or pay a few hunny more for a very nice one.
Good luck

·
Banned
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gotcha. I have had 6139s and the 6138 UFO. I enjoyed the dual chronograph more than the single 6139. For my money, the finest looking chronograph ever made, regardless of brand, is the 6138-8020. You may find one for $1k or pay a few hunny more for a very nice one.
Good luck
Hi-thanks for the info. There are a lot of 6138-8020's out there with aftermarket dials for aroumd $1k. Do you think these are not favored because of the aftermarket dial?

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Seiko 6139-7100 (aka Darth Vader or Helmet) in white is a beaut
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

Reactions: LP49

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
339 Posts
Correct. If you are looking to collect an original dial is beautiful but harder to recognize these days. If originality doesn’t matter to you, then an aftermarket dial is a good option these days. I, personally, would focus on the originality of the movement and the case. I like patina so an unpolished case and beat up dial is ok with me as long as the movement is clean and not pitted or corroded. You need to determine if it is going to be a wearer or safe queen as they are getting more and more rare. The Kakume is also a stunner.

Reactions: LP49
1 - 14 of 14 Posts