WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my watch stolen from Naugamatic Watch shop in Oxford, CT, USA.
Police are involved but still investigating.
If you see it please contact me.
Thanks bro's.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Jeesh! That's rough. Can we assume that the shop's insurance will cover it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
440 Posts
That sucks, the reviews of the business seem decent so I think legitimate work was done there. I assume it was in for service at the time he was arrested? Maybe an employee took it figuring there wouldn't be any forthcoming paychecks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still no word from the police or anyone.
I may hire an attorney and use small claims court

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did end up hiring an attorney. Not really necessary in CT for small claims but better safe. I’m claiming the value at 5k because I’m the second owner and I have the box, tools, instruction booklet, and original sales document. As we all know it makes the whole package worth more. Plus there’s my personal love for it and the fact that it was stolen. Does anyone know who I can contact for a valuation?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Update: My attorney is worthless and hasn't served the papers yet and it's mid October. Since it's small claims there aren't many who will take the case.
As for the owner of Naugamatic, he closed shop and reopened in Bridgeport CT as NWC Horology.
naugamatic.com
The site makes him look like the old sage watchmaker when really he's not that experienced. He took a course in 2012 that anyone could attend.
If you're from CT please do not give him your business as you may never see your watch again.

·
Registered
Doxa 300 T pro
284 Posts
I didn’t think a lawyer was needed for small claims. Can’t you just go down to the courthouse and file your own claim? Did your insurance compensate you?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so the watch was stolen from the shop and the shop does not compensate you? how does that work?
It works like this, the shop owner claims no responsibility since he was incarcerated at the time of theft. Plus his own insurance company will not pay out since he may have been involved in the theft. It's a tangled story snd in the end I get screwed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got the court date and the owner didn't show up. No surprise there. I have to file an affidavit of debt owed to me to set up court ordered weekly payments. I highly doubt I'll ever see anything.

·
Registered
820 Posts
small claims court is a sham atleast here in NC . pretty sure you are screwed unless new info comes to light . i would also visit every watch store and pawn shop with 25 mile range.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts