WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember if this catalog is already known here. I didn't know it. Very interesting and usefull. Look at pag. 24 for a 3031 and 24hr or page 36 for the Wostok amphibia.
Unfortunately, this file contains only a section of the catalog, the other two sections were devoted to women's watches and wall clocks, table clocks and alarm clocks.

Download: Katalog soviet watch 1977.djvu
Origine: Katolik http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?t=8490&page=3
A pdf version here: Katalog soviet watch 1977.pdf

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Many thanks to katolik and mchap, I was eagerly waiting for this catalog since its first mentioning on watch.ru. Take a look also to page 51 - several Slava 31 jewels are shown there. I have never seen a Slava 31 jewels. Maybe some of the models were never produced. E.g. some Poljot alarm are obvious test model, with dials moved some 5-15 degrees to the right (page 16).

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Great resource! I've never seen the Raketa 24-hour watches with the 24 at the bottom, and both those Vostok Amphibias are absolute grails. One question to the experts: I'm surprised to see that as late as 1977, those swing-lug Amphibias are in the catalog instead of the Tonneau 2209. Were they not yet available at that time? Also, the availability of the swing-lug Amphibias as late as 1977 demonstrates that they had at least a decade-long production run. If this is the case, why are they so rare while their immediate successors are so plentiful?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Also, the availability of the swing-lug Amphibias as late as 1977 demonstrates that they had at least a decade-long production run. If this is the case, why are they so rare while their immediate successors are so plentiful?
I was thinking the same :think: Anyway, it seems that the type-35x cases with swiwel lugs were in stock until 2005 (!), and even fitted with automatic movement!

(pic from vostok-watches.com, by Irina Maier, who did a great work in that page).

Anyway, the catalog is full of interesting watches.
At page 16 of the PDF document, there is a rare Poljot "bullhead" alarm pocket watch. One was sold on Internet two weks ago - i have lost it for peanuts.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
mchap!!!!!!! YOU ARE A HERO!!!!!

Many, many, many thanks for posting this. I am always looking for catalogues showing Raketa watches, and this one has many.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
By the way, has anyone noticed Watch Number 3 on page 24?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well before I could fully scan a directory as he flew around the world:) I have plans to scan the entire directory (what scan is only half the catalog) and then the premiere will be on this forum.
Thank you for mchap spread the word catalog!
Here's another link to the catalog.
Picasa Web Albums - Newguest -

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Thank you Katolik for your efforts :-!

By the way, I tried to download the pdf version but it's hosted at a site which needs registering and such. I got the djvu instead but had to use a separate software to open it. I guess it might be a bit better if the pdf can be directly downloaded?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you Katolik for your efforts :-!

By the way, I tried to download the pdf version but it's hosted at a site which needs registering and such. I got the djvu instead but had to use a separate software to open it. I guess it might be a bit better if the pdf can be directly downloaded?
Please! PDF is not I did, I usually do DJVU, he takes up less space and the quality is not bad. The next time you try to make a pdf.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please! PDF is not I did, I usually do DJVU, he takes up less space and the quality is not bad. The next time you try to make a pdf.
Yes, i have done a pdf conversion because usually i find myself more confortable with pdf documents. I hope that you will not be disappointed. I have reported first the source and the primary download.
I am looking forward with great interest the rest of the catalog. Even the catalog of 1972 has two other parties, we hope that someone decides to publish it.

I didn't know that mediafire.com ask to be registered just to download a file.
Today i should publish four catalogs on my own from Poljot International (1996-1997, 1998,2000) .
Any suggestion for a better site to upload the files?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, i have done a pdf conversion because usually i find myself more confortable with pdf documents. I hope that you will not be disappointed. I have reported first the source and the primary download.
I am looking forward with great interest the rest of the catalog. Even the catalog of 1972 has two other parties, we hope that someone decides to publish it.
Quality PDF catalog to me not like it, probably affected the transformation of DJVU to PDF. The next time I'll link to the scans in jpeg, and you do a normal PDF, OK? I have plans to do a full scan of the catalog 1972. But there is no free time, but before the end of this year, I think manage.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Katolik,

If it is a bother to make pdf then there is nothing to worry about, I am just being a bit lazy and since I downloaded the free djvu file viewer, I can handle that; thank you! :-!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,448 Posts
An awesome resource. Thank you for making it available to us all.

As others have remarked there are some very rare pieces listed. I think this catalogue is the first time I have seen a direct reference to a calibre 2610. I was aware that the __10 specification existed (hand-winding, shockproof, centre seconds, antimagnetic) from a list of calibre codes, but I'd never seen it applied to an existing watch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quality PDF catalog to me not like it, probably affected the transformation of DJVU to PDF. The next time I'll link to the scans in jpeg, and you do a normal PDF, OK? I have plans to do a full scan of the catalog 1972. But there is no free time, but before the end of this year, I think manage.
OK! i will be glad to do it.

PS
Well, you could send me the catalogo and i will scan it:-d i have time now.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
An awesome resource. Thank you for making it available to us all.

As others have remarked there are some very rare pieces listed. I think this catalogue is the first time I have seen a direct reference to a calibre 2610. I was aware that the __10 specification existed (hand-winding, shockproof, centre seconds, antimagnetic) from a list of calibre codes, but I'd never seen it applied to an existing watch.
I have 7 Raketa 2610 watches (one is Sviet branded). Three of them are identical, due to a major purchasing error!

I'm curious to know in what way they differ (mechanically, or in materials) from the other calibres.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,448 Posts
I have 7 Raketa 2610 watches (one is Sviet branded). Three of them are identical, due to a major purchasing error!

I'm curious to know in what way they differ (mechanically, or in materials) from the other calibres.
'Antimagnetnie' on a Vostok refers to the antimagnetic back shield and dial while the movement is a standard __09, however on a __10 spec watch the difference must be in the movement itself.

Looking at vintage watches of other nationalities (Swiss, German, US) the term anitmagnetic is often used where there is nothing else good to put on the dial e.g. in no-jewel watches. However the description is usually justified in the use of materials that are less susceptible to magnetism e.g. brass hairspring, brass wheels. Usually these materials have been chosen for cost reasons and then promoted as 'antimagnetic', however that would not be the case in a Raketa, where there is a specification change rather than a different movement.

If it's no bother, can you photograph a 2609 and 2610 movement side-by-side for comparison, and also note if there are components of a different colour that might not show up in a photo?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts