WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It seems that Raketa 2610 also has antimagnetic shield. This is indicated in the catalog (антимагнитный кожух) and there is one 2610 in Mark Gordon's collection with grayish antimagnetic shield. I also used to have one 2610 very similar to those shown on ussrwatches.info.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
By popular demand katolog scanned in full. As promised the premiere in this forum.
Archive scans 263.1 Mb: êàòàëîã 77.rar ñêà÷àòü ñ Ôàéëû@Mail.Ru
In format DJVU 21.1 Mb: Katalog Sovietwatch 1977.djvu
The PDF format is not yet mastered :-(can someone make one of my scans?

Here the pdf version is three files:

Part1 For Men: Katalog1977Part1ForMen.pdf
Part2 For Women: Katalog1977Part2ForWomen.pdf
Part3 Wall Desk Alarm: Katalok1977Part3 Wall Desk Alarm.pdf

I have some problem to find a place where to uplod a single pdf file (271Mb).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Many thanks, katolik and mchaps :-!

I have some problem to find a place where to uplod a single pdf file (271Mb).
You can split the file into several parts (winrar, for example) and then upload normally to the mediafire servers... ;-)~

Or you can try another free file host provider: Free File Hosting Service Providers

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Many thanks, katolik and mchaps :-!

You can split the file into several parts (winrar, for example) and then upload normally to the mediafire servers... ;-)~

Or you can try another free file host provider: Free File Hosting Service Providers

Thank you for your suggestiosn. As you can see i have already splitted in three files. The big question is where too upload huge files and, more important, how long they will be hosted.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If it's no bother, can you photograph a 2609 and 2610 movement side-by-side for comparison, and also note if there are components of a different colour that might not show up in a photo?
Sorry I didn't get around to this - life is manic (on a good day....). But I have looked closely, and the only difference I can see between 2609NA and 2610 is the presence of the extra metal disc inside the case back. If there are any differences in the alloys, etc, it's not obvious to me.

I have a dangerously strong rare-earth magnet (seriously - it can break your fingers!)....do you think I should test my 2610's with it?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,430 Posts
Sorry I didn't get around to this - life is manic (on a good day....). But I have looked closely, and the only difference I can see between 2609NA and 2610 is the presence of the extra metal disc inside the case back. If there are any differences in the alloys, etc, it's not obvious to me.
:think: Interesting. That doesn't seem like enough to me to warant a different calibre code.

I have a dangerously strong rare-earth magnet (seriously - it can break your fingers!)....do you think I should test my 2610's with it?
Only if you have a means of demagnetising the watch if it all goes wrong.

I wonder how much magnetism these watches were expected to withstand, and why. The style of case seems generally more durable than some other Raketa watches.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
According to the "Movement codes table" of Netgrafik,
russian-codes
the only difference between the codes "09" and "10" (in 3-rd and 4-th place of the movement code) is the antimagnetic feature of "10".

This is quite logical, being the russian movement code a functional description of "what" the watch can do.

·
Registered
534 Posts
But I have looked closely, and the only difference I can see between 2609NA and 2610 is the presence of the extra metal disc inside the case back. If there are any differences in the alloys, etc, it's not obvious to me.
Beside metal cap under case back Raketa 2610 also should have antimagnetic metal plate between dial and movement.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Vostok 2409 kept the same code in standard watches and antimagetic Amphibia, and the main difference are the antimagnetic shields. Maybe Raketa did something more in order to make a movement with different code. Is there some simple way to check this - something a dilletant could do? If so, I think I can get a Raketa 2610 in poor condition for a (even destructive) test.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Beside metal cap under case back Raketa 2610 also should have antimagnetic metal plate between dial and movement.
That's possible - I don't think I've serviced any 2610's, so I would not have seen this extra plate. Also, of course, there may be non-obvious differences in some alloys, perhaps for the hairspring, pallets..?

·
Registered
5 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts