WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181135639672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I REALLY like the look of this datejust BUT - Seems slightly overpriced to me. What do you guys think? Not asking for a specific valuation just a "that's a ripoff" or "that's about priced right" or "that's slightly overpriced".

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1. Assuming the watch is 100% authentic, and it looks to be, correct me if i am wrong.
2. no box no papers, no service record.

Josh,
Canada

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any specific reason? is it mainly due to the price? If so could you give me an idea of a reasonable price so i could make an offer. This vintage and model isnt often seen on ebay which is why im unsure of the value.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Why not do your own research? Ebay makes it easy to see what other similiar watches have either sold or not sold for. Ultimately for all of us, a watch is 'worth' what a willing seller and willing buyer are able to come to an agreement on. If this model with this dial floats your boat then whatever you're willing to offer is what it's 'worth' to you. If the seller agrees, then you've got your watch. If not, then you keep hunting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not do your own research? Ebay makes it easy to see what other similiar watches have either sold or not sold for. Ultimately for all of us, a watch is 'worth' what a willing seller and willing buyer are able to come to an agreement on. If this model with this dial floats your boat then whatever you're willing to offer is what it's 'worth' to you. If the seller agrees, then you've got your watch. If not, then you keep hunting.

Im pritty sure i stated that a 1996 smooth bezel datejust is rarely seen on ebay hence why i am not sure what its worth at 17 years old given all info. Geesh people are really not being helpful so far.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Im pritty sure i stated that a 1996 smooth bezel datejust is rarely seen on ebay hence why i am not sure what its worth at 17 years old given all info. Geesh people are really not being helpful so far.
Well, GEESH Josh...just for smiles, I went to ebay and used the search function and entered Rolex 16200. Darned if I didn't get over 100 listings. Then I went to advanced search and refined the search to completed listings, and, well, GEESH Josh, I got 250+ listings.

I'm soooo sorry I'm not being helpful so far, and you can taste the sarcasm in my answer. My original answer was merely an attempt to prompt you to see if that price was in a range of what else is offered. If you can't put out the minimal effort to do some research, why should we be helpful? So, 'rarely seen on ebay'
? I guess 'rarely' is a word that's relative...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, GEESH Josh...just for smiles, I went to ebay and used the search function and entered Rolex 16200. Darned if I didn't get over 100 listings. Then I went to advanced search and refined the search to completed listings, and, well, GEESH Josh, I got 250+ listings.

I'm soooo sorry I'm not being helpful so far, and you can taste the sarcasm in my answer. My original answer was merely an attempt to prompt you to see if that price was in a range of what else is offered. If you can't put out the minimal effort to do some research, why should we be helpful? So, 'rarely seen on ebay'
? I guess 'rarely' is a word that's relative...

Yea.....90% of these auctions did not sell. giving no real indication of what its worth since the listing was overpriced. 5% are not 16200 watches but some part like a dial. 4% are best offer accepted giving no indication of what it actually sold for.......i could go on. But nice try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts