WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have an 8500 series watch from 2007-2008? I'm just curious how the movements have been holding up after 10 years. Any interesting stories or service reports?

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife's aqua terra is from 2009 or 2010 and the only real issue is that the hour wheel gear wore down and needed replacing. Because the 8500 series has and independent hour hand adjustment that is used to set the date I believe the gear wore down more quickly from being used more frequently. Other than that it's been solid.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife's aqua terra is from 2009 or 2010 and the only real issue is that the hour wheel gear wore down and needed replacing. Because the 8500 series has and independent hour hand adjustment that is used to set the date I believe the gear wore down more quickly from being used more frequently. Other than that it's been solid.
Hey thanks for the info! Was this just during a 5 year service and was it brand new when you bought it? And lastly, was it noticeably having problems before being replaced or was that just what the servicer recommended?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey thanks for the info! Was this just during a 5 year service and was it brand new when you bought it? And lastly, was it noticeably having problems before being replaced or was that just what the servicer recommended?
Purchased pre-owned, owned for about 1 1/2 years and then the crown broke off so I sent it in for service to Omega since I figured it was almost 10 years old. After I got the watch back from service is when the hour hand started to have problems so I sent it back into Omega and it was serviced again under warranty. No issues since and has been running like new.
I've also owned an 8500 planet ocean since 2012 and it has been the best watch I have ever owned. Not a single issue with that watch so far and is keeping excellent time.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Anyone here have an 8500 series watch from 2007-2008? I'm just curious how the movements have been holding up after 10 years. Any interesting stories or service reports?
I'm a little outside your requested timeframe, but I bought my AT8500 in 2010. Serviced once in 2017. No real problems before or after service, except that it was starting to lose time in late 2017 (hence the service). Except for the 2 to 3 months leading up to service it has basically been -1 second per day during my entire ownership. It has be running the entire time (I wear it almost every day, and even when I skip a day or two the power reserve is long enough that it doesn't stop while off the wrist).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Purchased pre-owned, owned for about 1 1/2 years and then the crown broke off so I sent it in for service to Omega since I figured it was almost 10 years old. After I got the watch back from service is when the hour hand started to have problems so I sent it back into Omega and it was serviced again under warranty. No issues since and has been running like new.
I've also owned an 8500 planet ocean since 2012 and it has been the best watch I have ever owned. Not a single issue with that watch so far and is keeping excellent time.
That's good to hear. Thanks so much for answering my questions!

I'm a little outside your requested timeframe, but I bought my AT8500 in 2010. Serviced once in 2017. No real problems before or after service, except that it was starting to lose time in late 2017 (hence the service). Except for the 2 to 3 months leading up to service it has basically been -1 second per day during my entire ownership. It has be running the entire time (I wear it almost every day, and even when I skip a day or two the power reserve is long enough that it doesn't stop while off the wrist).
Not at all. Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that the 8500 is actually a very durable movement in addition to all of its technological advancements over traditional calibre's.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Bump for any more stories as I presently have the same question as I am looking at an Hour Vision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
2nd owner of a PO. I think from 2012-cant remember off the top of my head, but it's been very accurate. And takes a good beating while looking great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts