WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this last week.

Ive been wanting a Panerai for a year now but could not convince myself that the PAM233 and PAM270 were worth the price being charged as I could easily get either a Vacheron Constantin Over Seas or Jaeger Le Coultre Master Compressor Extreme World and so on for the same price or perhaps a little less and I like those watches so the Panerai just kept getting pushed lower and lower on my list. I'd picked up a Rolex Milgauss GV (almost the same price as the PAM312) early September 2009 and then an AP RO in June and was planning a VC OS dual time. Well until they announced and released the PAM312. Had it had a super dome it would be the perfect Panerai but the following features outweighed the partially domed crystal and hence I bought it. What are it's cons? This is the 1st question I ask myself at a decision making crossroad.
1- lack of dome
2- new movement - so possible anomalies
Pros:
1- reasonably priced
2- inhouse movement
3- sandwich dial
4- 1950 case
5- exhibitionist case back
6- rapid swap strap & abundance of 3rd party straps

The pros outweigh the lack of super dome con. The basic movement helps assure me it should run smoothly as it doesn't have as many complications as the 233/270. Most importantly, IMO its worth what they charge for it (not like the 233/279 IMO).

Enjoy the pics!

And as important - 3rd of the month pic - for when the Panerai 312 is complete !
And the necessary lume shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Astronaut, thanks a lot!

m_reign, it is a great watch for the value. I did not hesitate the purchase. Well I did just a little because there was a brand new Rolex Daytona SS in white available at the AD for about $1.5k more. I went with my heart because the Daytona calls to because of society's perception of it more than how much I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrat with the 312, great starter so wear it in good health.
And together with the Turbo, makes a awesome combo :p

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice...more pics of turbo please...:p

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Awesome! Looks great. Congrats.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Here are some pics. Mine is the 28635 plate number.

911 Twin Turbo vs 911 GT2

911 TT vs 911 TT modified

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cxbxax, true true but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too common here. I would not feel unique as much as I would feel I am conforming to mainstream society.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts