WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First post ever on the forum, but I have been reading and reading topics for about 4 months, since a friend of mine showed me his collection of watches (Zenith, Tag and others) and I felt in love with quality watches.
But, I do not have his money at the moment haha, and I am looking to buy my first decent watch, which will be a Tissot due to the pricing but also the quality and style that I like.

I have been looking very closely to the Tissot Tradition models, and I had the opportunity to try in store the Chronograph model and also the perpetual calendar.

I owe a Fossil FS4387 (since 2010 and still running perfectly so what?) and this is a black dial with chronograph, so I am looking at a white dial to change a little bit, and I have heard that you cannot get bored of a white dial. (not sure what it means yet).

Anyway, I did not have the chance yet to try to GMT model which I find interesting too, but at the moment I am trending more on the Perpetual Calendar (as I already have a "chronograph").

Any input will be more than welcome or any advice, regarding the quality or the model.

I am a mechanical engineer and wear most of the time polo shirts, blue, black, red and occasionally business shirt (once a week), not sure if that will help for the choice of the dial.

Also, I am based in Sydney, and from the shop I went to, they told me they can make the Perpetual calendar for $AU 475 (annonced at 525), what do you think of the price?

Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, my pick will be the perpetual calendar in white, nice watch with quartz complication for under a grand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, my pick will be the perpetual calendar in white, nice watch with quartz complication for under a grand.

Hi raymond and thanks for replying.
i have noticed you are from Sydney, where do you reckon I will get the best price for it ?
i know Gregory jewellers have it in Sydney cbd for example.
also do you reckon I should be able to get it for around $400 if I negociate well?
thanks

·
Banned
759 Posts
Hi everyone,

First post ever on the forum, but I have been reading and reading topics for about 4 months, since a friend of mine showed me his collection of watches (Zenith, Tag and others) and I felt in love with quality watches.
But, I do not have his money at the moment haha, and I am looking to buy my first decent watch, which will be a Tissot due to the pricing but also the quality and style that I like.

I have been looking very closely to the Tissot Tradition models, and I had the opportunity to try in store the Chronograph model and also the perpetual calendar.

I owe a Fossil FS4387 (since 2010 and still running perfectly so what?) and this is a black dial with chronograph, so I am looking at a white dial to change a little bit, and I have heard that you cannot get bored of a white dial. (not sure what it means yet).

Anyway, I did not have the chance yet to try to GMT model which I find interesting too, but at the moment I am trending more on the Perpetual Calendar (as I already have a "chronograph").

Any input will be more than welcome or any advice, regarding the quality or the model.

I am a mechanical engineer and wear most of the time polo shirts, blue, black, red and occasionally business shirt (once a week), not sure if that will help for the choice of the dial.

Also, I am based in Sydney, and from the shop I went to, they told me they can make the Perpetual calendar for $AU 475 (annonced at 525), what do you think of the price?

Thanks a lot !
Jomashop has a 2 tone for $359 ($AU 470). So they're giving you a real good price. As good as Jomashop.

Tissot Tradition Perpetual White Dial Two-tone Mens Watch T0636372203700 - Jomashop

if I had to go to work in a Polo all day I would get a Seiko diver. Seems like the Tissot is too dressy. But that's what I would do.

I would also sell off your Fossil and start a real watch collection. Something small with 3 or 4 good watches. I did the same. I had a Tommy Hilfiger watch. Sold it to a friend and got a LeLocle and a Seiko Diver.

for you, I would recommend a 007/009 Seiko Diver. Real classic. Start you off on your Seiko Diver addiction. It is like crack. It can be had for $AU 260 or less. Looks great on an all black NATO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi lelocle and thank you for your input !
Unfortunately I am not a big fan of stainless steel strap nor of Seiko model.
also I guess because you refer to jokes hop, that means it is a trustful website to buy from even from Australia. That is good to know.
Would you have any advice for a watch around $500 ?
I have found a lot of "best watches below $500" on Internet but nothing that I like.

otherwise I am looking more and more at the GMT model, due to the fact that it will be useful for me because I am working with USA closely and Europe. I will have the ability to have one of these Timezone on my wrist too

·
Banned
759 Posts
Hi lelocle and thank you for your input !
Unfortunately I am not a big fan of stainless steel strap nor of Seiko model.
also I guess because you refer to jokes hop, that means it is a trustful website to buy from even from Australia. That is good to know.
Would you have any advice for a watch around $500 ?
I have found a lot of "best watches below $500" on Internet but nothing that I like.

otherwise I am looking more and more at the GMT model, due to the fact that it will be useful for me because I am working with USA closely and Europe. I will have the ability to have one of these Timezone on my wrist too
Get the tradition GMT. AU$300

Tissot Tradition GMT White Dial Stainless Steel Brown Leather Mens Watch T0636391603700 - Jomashop

Many here use Jomashop.

If you don't feel comfortable get it at Amazon. Can't argue with Amazon. Just $20 more

http://www.amazon.com/Tissot-Tradition-Stainless-Leather-T0636391603700/dp/B007EASU4C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I only see $280 which is probably $USD - converted $280 = $370 AUD

But thanks for information about jomashop, I will look on this website and confirm they deliver in Australia.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally went into shop and bought the Tissot Tradition Chronograph silver white dial brown leather.
Got 20% from $AU 525 down to $AU 420.
Very happy with the model and suits my needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts