WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nixon Ranger Countdown that I use in the kitchen for timing my cooking...works great for that task. Nixon watches come with a leather strap that approximates cardboard; as in, awful. Have new good straps to put on, but: What the heck kind of hex/allen wrench does one use to get at the pins in order to replace the strap on a Nixon Ranger? 2mm is too small, 2.5mm is too large. 5/64 is too small, 3/32 is too large. So I'm guessing a 2.2 or a 2.3 mm allen wrench? Or maybe a 11/128" allen wrench? Never heard of such a thing.

Anybody experienced this?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try a T8 torx driver. They work better than allen wrenches anyway and won't destroy the head of the fastener.
It's a good idea, but would you believe, I did try two different brands of T8--both too big. Tried the T7, loose! And these are good quality Torx'es by PB Swiss and by Precision.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Use your 2mm key and try to make it “bigger” by wrapping the tip with a thin cloth or scotch tape or something to achieve enough snug for it to turn the bolt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use your 2mm key and try to make it “bigger” by wrapping the tip with a thin cloth or scotch tape or something to achieve enough snug for it to turn the bolt.
That did the trick. Wrapped with teflon tape. Thanks, man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts