WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an assortment of measuring tools, but most are metal and not getting them near my watches! Saw this and had to buy it - plastic caliper - for $2.99! It is unapologetically cheap, but will easily get you within a half millimeter, which is all you need for most stuff.

While it is easy to measure lug width, this makes it perfect. But this will also let you easily measure case thickness, straps, and other dimensions with zero risk of scratching or scraping. Way nicer than fumbling with a ruler.

i-BPJ3gDr-X3.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts

I got this carbon fiber one from some place called “Wish”. It was free and I just had to pay shipping and wait a month for delivery from China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

I got this carbon fiber one from some place called “Wish”. It was free and I just had to pay shipping and wait a month for delivery from China.

l got calipers similar to these on Ebay for $10. The jaws are plastic so it doesn't scratch watches and the display is easy to read measurements.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find! Just small correction: it can measure up to 0,05mm, or if easier for you, up to 5/100mm (0,00196 In.).

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
I see that, but the scales don't touch and it is very hard to read accurately. Also, not sure how precise this is...not a Mitutoyo!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Even better!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

I also have one just like this from Amazon. A bit more expensive, at $12 or so, but it's perfect for watches to avoid scratching. My Mitutoyos are back in the tool chest!

·
Registered
606 Posts

I bought one just like it from Harbor Freight for less than 10 dollars. Works great for my needs. I also had a coupon for a free flashlight with any purchase at the time.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

This kind of calipers are available at AliX for 2-3 USD (yes, two- three US dollars) with free shipping.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I swear, Harbor Freight never fails. Their warranty policies are unreal. Some of the tools/equipment may be junk, but you can replace it over and over again for nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Like Canonken wrote: scales doesn't touch, so it's not easy to read exact value. Still, good enough for measuring lugs, thickness, etc on watches. I still think it's better to buy digital calipers for $3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts