WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An older guy I know is selling those 2 watches from his collection for almost $500 each

He does not remember much about them, could some one help me out with IDing them and if it is a reasonable price for those 2 pieces. I've bought some vintage pieces from him before and all of them were authentic and original movements/parts, so I dont worry about that

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Omega- he says it is cal 511/ 14371 and movement 16434777, 17 jewels/ manual wind, not solid gold

omega manual 1.jpg

IMG_0988.JPG

Wittnauer is 14k solid gold, 17 jewels. manual wind, sub-second dial.

wittnaur 1.jpg

wittnaur 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Omega is likely a re-dial. We would need to know more, including the sizes, and to see movement photos to really evaluate them well. However, I can already tell you that $500 each is way too high. Maybe $500 for the pair.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The Omega's case is heavily brassed on the lugs, the caseback pitted, and it looks to have a poor redial. Always concern yourself with condition and originality - assess each watch individually, not on what may have transpired in the past. I wouldn't consider this watch at the price, (actually, I wouldn't consider it at all).

The Wittnauer is an attractive watch and looks to be in good condition externally. I'd want to see the movement. As to the price, that would need research.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Omega is likely a re-dial. We would need to know more, including the sizes, and to see movement photos to really evaluate them well. However, I can already tell you that $500 each is way too high. Maybe $500 for the pair.
Well said, Dan.

The Omega is a redial- a really bad redial. The font looks like it was done with a pencil by someone who had one coffee too much, and the splashes of paint on the markers... The salvageable components of the Omega would total at about a fifth of the price paid for the watch, and a tenth of what the OP paid for both. Even if it wasn't a redial and it didn't have its plating knackered, it still wouldn't be worth $500.

Reactions: mel_smog

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you mkws

1 - 6 of 6 Posts