WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking no second hand option. Sometimes I feel the seconds hands a bit unnecessary for my daily use (dress or business casual, but no divers since I have thin wrist). But I have to have a date option on the dial for my watch.

Do we have any recommendations under 2k? I am leaning to used condition, and less than 40mm in diameter. I prefer a simpler dial (arabic numbers or baton style markers both welcome, just not the roman numbers for me). If there has to be second hands, I prefer it to be sub dial, I have been looking at the nomos, they are great watches but the lugs are a bit too long for my taste.

For the movement, I prefer hand-wound since they normally are better looking to my eyes than the rotor covered automatic option. If they are well-decorated shown with a clear back case, it will be a enjoyable plus.

Pictures are welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you don't mind vintage and a little big small for today's standard, I would look for a Universal Geneve White Shadow. Cool micro-rotor movement, quite slim, some models have date.

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
Would you consider dropping another hand?

A one-hander. Meistersinger.

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
He asked for no second hand. All those Nomos models have small seconds.

The least expensive Nomos with date and sapphire caseback, is the Club model 733...it's over $2500. And finding discounts is non-trivial.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
It’s a little out there, what about a Movado Museum? I picked one up for a couple hundred that has an eta 2894-A2 in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts