WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raketa Polar
The watch produced special for expedition to north pole which was organized by famous russian "Ogonek" magazine in 1994 year.

Raketa Military Pocket watch

·
Registered
11 Posts
London, Geneve, BUT

There are London, Geneve, Moscow,..,
but there should be London, Geneve, Helsinki, Moscow,..

You can find this kind of information in all the old Raketas.
Why or to whome?
This is intresting historically, but not for a traveller.

Raketa Polar
The watch produced special for expedition to north pole which was organized by famous russian "Ogonek" magazine in 1994 year.

Raketa Military Pocket watch

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: London, Geneve, BUT

There are London, Geneve, Moscow,..,
but there should be London, Geneve, Helsinki, Moscow,..

You can find this kind of information in all the old Raketas.
Why or to whome?
This is intresting historically, but not for a traveller.
i prefer instead of London Paris, the BIPM is in Paris (Parc de St Cloud)

http://www.bipm.org/

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), maintained by the BIPM, is the time scale that forms the basis for the coordinated dissemination of standard frequencies and time signals. The UTC scale is adjusted by the insertion of leap seconds to ensure approximate agreement with the time derived from the rotation of the Earth. These leap seconds are inserted on the advice of the International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS).

Physical realizations of UTC - named UTC(k) - are maintained in national metrology institutes or observatories contributing with their clock data to the BIPM.

:-D

·
Registered
11 Posts

Paris and Geneve are both far away from 15 degrees E, but still in the zone limits. I prefer Eskilstuna in Sweden..

Do anybody know when they moved Moscow (on Raketa) to its right place UTC+3h?

i prefer instead of London Paris, the BIPM is in Paris (Parc de St Cloud)

http://www.bipm.org/

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), maintained by the BIPM, is the time scale that forms the basis for the coordinated dissemination of standard frequencies and time signals. The UTC scale is adjusted by the insertion of leap seconds to ensure approximate agreement with the time derived from the rotation of the Earth. These leap seconds are inserted on the advice of the International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS).

Physical realizations of UTC - named UTC(k) - are maintained in national metrology institutes or observatories contributing with their clock data to the BIPM.

:-D

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Paris and Geneve are both far away from 15 degrees E, but still in the zone limits. I prefer Eskilstuna in Sweden..

Do anybody know when they moved Moscow (on Raketa) to its right place UTC+3h?
it's a joke for me i live in Paris ;-) for the correct answer you should post in the near forum Russian watches, you could find here plenty of skilled people onthe subject of Russian watches ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.