WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was orginally in with another topic but I decided to bump it into it's own catigory.

Does anyone know if the 9052 has a single alarm or multiple?

and

Do those grey thingies serve any purpose or are they just decoration that can be discarded?

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
DW-9052 has single multifunction alarm.

Supposedly, they help provide shock protection between the watch and wrist. Other models have them incorporated into the watch strap.
They also cover screws that stick out quite a way from the case. You can cut the bottom bits off if they bother you for some reason, but the bits that cover the screws have to stay.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
They also cover screws that stick out quite a way from the case. You can cut the bottom bits off if they bother you for some reason, but the bits that cover the screws have to stay.
Of course, you might be able to use some caseback screws (which are shorter) if they are the same thread. But, with those gray things in place, I dont' even notice them.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Of course, you might be able to use some caseback screws (which are shorter) if they are the same thread. But, with those gray things in place, I dont' even notice them.
Maybe, but I tried some from a DW-5600 and they didn't fit. :)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
So far this is the only G shock model I come across to have this plastic thing.

With the plastic, the strap adjustment can become more flexible.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I like the plastic things. They seem to make it more comfortable, and help prevent the corner of the case back digging into the bone on the back of my wrist. I could live without them, but they work for me. |>

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Meaning they were the same thread but too short?
No, I think it was that the holes are at an angle and the screws just didn't fit flush. It isn't that you maybe couldn't find screws that fit, but that the grey covers are integral to the case design. It's hard to explain. You would have to take them off yourself to see just how weird the case looks without them. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the screws holding in or securing? The strap?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
What are the screws holding in or securing? The strap?
You made me do it - I've just undone the screws to find out.

They secure the plastic thing. They appear to secure the bezel, except they screw into the bezel - so they don't. In fact the bezel just seems to be a stretch/push fit over the large buttons.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
No, I think it was that the holes are at an angle and the screws just didn't fit flush. It isn't that you maybe couldn't find screws that fit, but that the grey covers are integral to the case design. It's hard to explain. You would have to take them off yourself to see just how weird the case looks without them. :)

I've had it apart, and do agree that it looks unusual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts