1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post here.

I bought a Citizen NY0054 and have two questions:

1. How long is it supposed to run for - when I take it off
at night, in the morning it has stopped and I have to reset it.

2. Can it be hand wound?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
i think the power reserve is about 40 hrs? i forgot exactly

and the movement can be hand winded (a huge plus!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see the crown on this watch is on the left hand side - causing the watch to be referred to as a 'lefty watch'. Are you left-handed? I *really* like this watch a lot, but apparently they don't make it with the crown on the right-hand side. I'm wondering if it's practical for me if I am a right-hander.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own this watch and think the reason for the crown at 8 o'clock is so it doesn't hit your hand when it is bent upward. Kind of a novelty, really.

The internal workings of the NY0054 is built only to have the crown on that side — so there is no right-handed version.

You must take the watch off to make adjustments which shouldn't be a problem since the only time the watch should stop is when it has been off your wrist for over two days.

I love this watch for the most part — super-lightweight, not too big for a diver and totally affordable so I won't cry when I brake it... well, maybe a little but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I also kind of bought it because in some ways it's not the most attractive watch and won't mind abusing it in and out of the water.

Cheers,

watchutalkinabout

Citizen NY0054-L
Tissot PRC100 Titanium Chrono
Suunto Observer

·
Registered
109 Posts
How's the Lume? Is it anything like the Seiko Monsters?

·
Registered
327 Posts
tenj, the lume on the Citizen divers i've encounterd has all been very good. My ny0040 has easily comparable lume to my Orange Monster.

The 8 o'clock crown really is a cool novelty. The weight of the crown on the left side of the case helps keep the watch balanced towards the back of the wrist, proping it up on the lower forearm; which prevents the watch from restricting mobility at the wrist.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hello, this is my first post here.

I bought a Citizen NY0054 and have two questions:

1. How long is it supposed to run for - when I take it off
at night, in the morning it has stopped and I have to reset it.
If you wore it all day this should not happen.
Most automatic watches have a power reserve of over 30 hours.

I would return the watch since its obviously faulty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts