WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5466 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spirit of this being the f71, let us see the ultraaffordables that you have AND still like and wear. Some people think that ultraaffordables will only last you a few weeks, so please state, how old your watch is. I have many ultraaffordables, which some of you may have noticed, but I'll kick off with one I wore recently, the Orkina PO homage:
281013a.jpg

I've had this one for a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This watch looks more expensive than its price tag. May I know where you purchased it?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
I found it on ebay, which is my best source and permanent leak of my bank account, it would seem. :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
775 Posts
In the spirit of this being the f71, let us see the ultraaffordables that you have AND still like and wear. Some people think that ultraaffordables will only last you a few weeks, so please state, how old your watch is. I have many ultraaffordables, which some of you may have noticed, but I'll kick off with one I wore recently, the Orkina PO homage:
View attachment 1268641

I've had this one for a couple of years.
You magnificent bastard... I just found a really nice looking PO Homage on eBay for $15.95 shipped... Yeah it's quartz, but I'll deal.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You magnificent bastard... I just found a really nice looking PO Homage on eBay for $15.95 shipped... Yeah it's quartz, but I'll deal.
I have the quartz too. :roll: But then I made the mistake of buying a goldplated bracelet for it. Now I cannot wear it anymore, lest people should think I'm dealing... :-x

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a couple of under $20 watches.. Here they come!
View attachment 1268711 View attachment 1268712 View attachment 1268713 View attachment 1268716 View attachment 1268719 View attachment 1268720 View attachment 1268722
Now if you did under $50 I would have a lot more to post!
Well, maybe that will be next time. As it is, you're doing rather well. The first one is drop dead gorgeus! And the HMTs are all lovely, of course. That red calender thing is a bit different, isn't it? And we all like a good skeleton watch from time to time. No, no flies sitting on you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is what I like about f71. Within an hour there have been 7 replies.

Here are my sub $20 watches:

i-M9HNQfs-M.jpg
An $8 (shipped) EBay find.

i-bWBXgkK-M.jpg
A $20 Goodwill find. A perfectly functioning Eco-Drive. Just needed a pin to fix the bracelet.

i-WkF9rrt-M.jpg
Ok, the one on the left is kind of a cheat. The watch was sub $20. However, when the leather strap broke I slapped on an after market nato.
The one on the right was a Woot $15 special.

i-2JjGtGj-M.jpg
My $17 'pool watch'.

i-XDXMqTp-M.jpg
I found this on clearance at Target for $18.

i-7WM7rGB-M.jpg
Ok, this one is also a cheat but I just have to brag. My wife wanted a gold-tone watch to match certain outfits. I found this on clearance at Target (same day as the watch before this) for $22.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I like about f71. Within an hour there have been 7 replies.

Here are my sub $20 watches:

View attachment 1268725
An $8 (shipped) EBay find.

View attachment 1268726
A $20 Goodwill find. A perfectly functioning Eco-Drive. Just needed a pin to fix the bracelet.

View attachment 1268728
Ok, the one on the left is kind of a cheat. The watch was sub $20. However, when the leather strap broke I slapped on an after market nato.
The one on the right was a Woot $15 special.

View attachment 1268736
My $17 'pool watch'.

View attachment 1268738
I found this on clearance at Target for $18.

View attachment 1268740
Ok, this one is also a cheat but I just have to brag. My wife wanted a gold-tone watch to match certain outfits. I found this on clearance at Target (same day as the watch before this) for $22.
One of the things I like too! That out of the way, I'd like to call dibs on that green watch. I only have one green faced watch, and I definitely need more. I'll forgive you your cheats, since they are such great ones. I also habitually put on better straps/bracelets as needed, and I suppose that is kind of cheating. I just do it and forget about it, whilst I remember what I paid for the watch. But you cannot wear a watch if a) the strap looks like cr** b) the strap is broken, so there!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi, hoonu! I' ll play

The marea one is my cheapest watch, bought it for 2 EUR in a flea market. Seconds hand was loose, so I removed it and changed the strap

Enviado desde mi XT615 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, hoonu! I' ll play

The marea one is my cheapest watch, bought it for 2 EUR in a flea market. Seconds hand was loose, so I removed it and changed the strap

Enviado desde mi XT615 usando Tapatalk 2
That Marea is quite a find! A seconds hand on a quartz is not pretty anyway. I have considered getting that "Monaco" Jaragar, but I decided that it has after all a too masculine expression for me to wear it. A couple of Eykis have worked their way into my collection, though not this very nice field watch! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll forgive you your cheats, since they are such great ones.
Thanks, and in all fairness, I bought the watch on a black leather strap and wore it everyday (for years) until that strap broke. I then threw the watch into a drawer and forgot about it. That was the better part of a decade ago. When I began to get interested in watches I pulled it out and put this strap on it...

i-z3bP6qF-M.jpg

It spends 99% on its time on the red and blue striped nato. The 'bond' (shown here modeled by my son) was just me playing with the colors. I certainly got my money's worth from this watch.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks, and in all fairness, I bought the watch on a black leather strap and wore it everyday (for years) until that strap broke. I then threw the watch into a drawer and forgot about it. That was the better part of a decade ago. When I began to get interested in watches I pulled it out and put this strap on it...

View attachment 1268764

It spends 99% on its time on the red and blue striped nato. The 'bond' (shown here modeled by my son) was just me playing with the colors. I certainly got my money's worth from this watch.
It looks good on the Nato. I have a few Natos myself, but I cannot really get into wearing them much. Probably just me.

This thing of having got your money's worth out of a watch is interesting. We must own up to the fact that it actually takes a good quality for a watch to be worn day after day, year out and year in. What your example shows is that a good quality watch is not the same as an expensive one.

I like it that you are getting your son used to be around watches and watch paraphenalia!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Other than the WUS Vostok 5/6 Vostok Amphibia (on it's way to vendor for adjustment due to losing over 2m/24h) each one here I either paid around $13 for or I got for free from my Russian w/m friend:

This is a bit of a streatch for $22 on sale

$20 on sale

There was another Revolt that I bought from precision time on sale for $10 after a $10 coupon discount which I gifted to a fellow WIS. It was s.steel, Japanese quartz chronograph, 100m but I had no need for it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Other than the WUS Vostok 5/6 Vostok Amphibia (on it's way to vendor for adjustment due to losing over 2m/24h) each one here I either paid around $13 for or I got for free from my Russian w/m friend:

This is a bit of a streatch for $22 on sale

$20 on sale

There was another Revolt that I bought from precision time on sale for $10 after a $10 coupon discount which I gifted to a fellow WIS. It was s.steel, Japanese quartz chronograph, 100m but I had no need for it.

Wow, what a stash! I'd like to have a watchmaker friend like that! That Raketa is just stunning! I'm finding out these days that there are quite a few bargains to be had in Russian vintage watches, in fact vintages in general. Some of mine have run to a bit more than 20 bucks, I have to admit. Sometimes, on eBay, I get a bit carried away. It might be time for me to take a break from the bay. Too many watches, not enough room! b-)

1 - 20 of 5466 Posts