WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, is the near x'mas and end of the year now. I would like to start this vote for the best dive watches that make our impression for year 2009 that we all own. Please do the same. To participate this one must fill the condition here :
1) you must currently own and wear the watch in current year 2009
2) below 1000 M (i believe most of the dive watch now is common to have 1000 M and below)
3) best of 3 according to ranking (3 points for the 1st, 2 points for 2nd and thereforth)
4) We have the final results hopefully another month's time

My vote for this year is :
1) Kobold Seal 1000M
2) Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 1000MM
3) Seiko MM 600 historical collection

What's yours?

Really keen to see how will this end:-!

Let's starts :rodekaart

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
1. Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
2. Oris Titan TT1 (wore 2009, but sold it recently)
3. Deep Blue Master Diver

all are 1000M. I still have the Enzo, rebought it after selling, its a great piece. :-!

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I'm a little confused by this thread. Are we talking about watches that came out in 2009, or just any watch you happen to own in 2009 (at which point it wouldn't even matter in either case what the specs should be)?

Diver I wore most this year: Korsbek OE.

Newly issued divers in 2009 that I thought was particularly excellent, regardess of specification (i.e. a 2009 Diver of the Year idea):

Korsbek Oceaneer
Zinex Trimix Bigdate
Zinex Heliox

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi all, is the near x'mas and end of the year now. I would like to start this vote for the best dive watches that make our impression for year 2009 that we all own. Please do the same. To participate this one must fill the condition here :
1) you must currently own and wear the watch in current year 2009
2) below 1000 M (i believe most of the dive watch now is common to have 1000 M and below)
3) best of 3 according to ranking (3 points for the 1st, 2 points for 2nd and thereforth)
4) We have the final results hopefully another month's time

My vote for this year is :
1) Kobold Seal 1000M
2) Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 1000MM
3) Seiko MM 600 historical collection

What's yours?

Really keen to see how will this end:-!

Let's starts :rodekaart
Hey Shorinjikempo,
I have to give you a :rodekaart card! You state the rules (including #2 which states that the watches must go below 1000M), then you brake them on your third position vote (Seiko MM 600M). I have nothing against the Seiko, but it doesn't go to 1000M ;-)

Anyway... My votes:

1) CX 20,000 feet
2) Richard Mille RM025
3) Richard Mille RM028

OK, just kidding, I don't own a Richard Mille (they're just a tidbit too expensive for me and approximately 99.999999999% of the population of this planet ;-)

In fact, I can't vote because I don't have 3 watches that will go deeper than 1000M :-(

Too bad!
Dan

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Nehoc, sorry if i am not clear. I am saying that 1000 M and below. Also, for Eric L. - the watch for vote must be own and wear for the current year of 2009. Prefer one must still own the watch to vote. That would be a good reference to stand/back up for the watch. Happy voting.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Hi Nehoc, sorry if i am not clear. I am saying that 1000 M and below. Also, for Eric L. - the watch for vote must be own and wear for the current year of 2009. Prefer one must still own the watch to vote. That would be a good reference to stand/back up for the watch. Happy voting.
I guess I still don't understand what the vote is for? A list of what each person thinks is a good watch? What will that accomplish? That's what the daily "what are you wearing" threads are for - showing off the collection.

Unless we are restricting this to a "2009 diver of the year" type of discussion, it will end up with a bunch of random watches of random types.

But go ahead and post what you think is best, I just don't see how "a watch you wore in 2009" is a criteria to judge anything.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
UTS 3000M: Handmade uber-awesomeness from Germany...

JLC MCDC: The only high-end luxury diver with an in-house column-wheel chronograph complication that's ISO-certified to 1000M (well, aside from the JLC Navy SEALs GMT Chrono Diver, that is ;-))...

Regards,
Adam

PS - Oh wait, I can't participate either since these are the only 1000M=/+ watches I own. Damn. ;-)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric, I agree is quite random and it does not restrict to 2009 release. Well, is more towards accomplishing a summary outcome for what you wear daily 2009 diver watch below 1000M.

We all own watches (divers) in numbers. Each of them hardly get enough wrist time and many end up in ebay or trade forum. My objectives here is to do a survey like what does most people have and wear for the year 2009 and what is the rating of this.

Each year has different new divers watch release I wonders does this affect the old diver watches like 2008 model and so on. Mine even i have the latest 2009 watches Seiko mainly but i am still fond of Kobold Seal 1000M.

So, let's get this rolling and we find out this in the the ultimate diver watch forum, should we.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I agree with Eric that it would have been better to limit the criteria to watches introduced in 2009...BUT it's a moot point for because my favorite divers that I own were introduced in '09.

My Top 3 would be:
1. Benarus Sea Devil

2. Halios Holotype

3. Benarus Moray

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Here are my three:

1) PAM 243k 1000M

2) Citizen Autozilla 1000M

3) Marathon CSAR 300M

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
I agree with Eric that it would have been better to limit the criteria to watches introduced in 2009.
We'll have a proper 2009 DWF Watch of the Year poll, but we generally do that late December/early January. We've still got 2 1/2 months left in the year, so it's a bit early. This "countdown" seems to be asking what watches members have worn a lot over the last 9 1/2 months. Though I'm confused why divers rated to over 1000M aren't allowed. That excludes some great watches like the new Ploprof and the Deepsea. :-s

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Here are my three:

1) PAM 243k 1000M

:p:p:p:p:p:p

2) Citizen Autozilla 1000M

|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>

3) Marathon CSAR 300M
b-):-!:-d|>:p (repeat, repeat, repeat)

Awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
We'll have a proper 2009 DWF Watch of the Year poll, but we generally do that late December/early January. We've still got 2 1/2 months left in the year, so it's a bit early. This "countdown" seems to be asking what watches members have worn a lot over the last 9 1/2 months. Though I'm confused why divers rated to over 1000M aren't allowed. That excludes some great watches like the new Ploprof and the Deepsea. :-s
I'm still confused. Is it for watches with depth ratings deeper than 1000M, or for watches with depth ratings shallower than 1000M? Either way, I don't see why it matters.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I'm still confused. Is it for watches with depth ratings deeper than 1000M, or for watches with depth ratings shallower than 1000M? Either way, I don't see why it matters.
I think the OP intended it for watches with ratings less than 1000M. Yeah I don't know why that should be the cutoff either, higher or lower.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
3000M is below 1000M :-d.
Yeah, I got a bit thrown off by the original post. I thought the OP was talking about watches that could go below (as in deeper than) 1000M.

In that case, I humbly submit this beastie: 600M of handmade German awesomeness...

;-)

Regards,
Adam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.