WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: More Case Information

Laco did not mention if we could opt out from the laser engraving on the case?
Yes, they did. I thought I had already posted that in this thread? Anyway, we can get the 45 mm case without the FL engraving if we so desire. The 42 mm is already available without because it's used for the Navy model.

· Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Re: More Case Information

In choosing between the 1969/42mm/45mm/other cases, are we also inherently selecting a see-through vs. solid caseback? Once the unit Case has been decided, will there be a subsequent conversation/vote on finishing details (i.e., FL engraving, Matte/Brush/Polish, etc.)? Thanks!
There will be a separate thread to deal with the subject of engraving and the type of case back (assuming there is a choice of case back available). The 1969 case is only available with a display back but the engraving can be changed. The 42 mm B-Uhr case I believe is available with both backs and custom engraving. I would suspect that the 45 mm is only available with a solid case back and custom engraving.

As for the case finish, we'll need to include that and the FL engraving in this discussion and vote.

· Registered
872 Posts
45mm is just big enough for this dial IMO. I think this is the obvious middle ground here, although if 55mm were an option it would prob get my vote!

I like the matte or brushed finish as well as most here, and would happily pick the lowest cost version in this aspect of the design.

It looks like we haven't heard anything from Laco on the movement options yet, but if we can use a manual-wind ETA would most others be interested in a transparent case-back? Is this an option with the 45mm B-uhr case?

· Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
45mm is just big enough for this dial IMO. I think this is the obvious middle ground here, although if 55mm were an option it would prob get my vote! I like the matte or brushed finish as well as most here, and would happily pick the lowest cost version in this aspect of the design. It looks like we haven't heard anything from Laco on the movement options yet, but if we can use a manual-wind ETA would most others be interested in a transparent case-back? Is this an option with the 45mm B-uhr case?
Agree with your comments, especially about the 55 mm case. It would be my first choice too, however, we know its size would alienate too many people here. Laco have responed about the ETA movement: visit the first post in the MOVEMENT thread for more details. I don't think that a display back will be an option for the 45 mm - but is this something that anyone would really want? A display back is truly an affront to the tool nature of the observation watch theme.

· Banned
21,095 Posts
No need for a display case. The movements offered are ugly.
And it makes the watch thicker and more expensive.

· Registered
805 Posts
I vote for Laco 42 mm B-Uhr case, for daily wear.
I agree.... but I think the dial would look too cramped... 55 would certainly alienate me.... the marine 44 is my favourite.... so ...of the options here the Laco 45 mm B-Uhr case would suit this project best in my opinion. My preference would be brushed too.

EDIT: I just read the general discussion thread an notice that the 45mm B-Uhr was indeed picked in the vote.... darn...I can't claim any measure of perspicacity based on the fact it was posted an hour ago!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.