WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Thanks. I like the pusher, its part of what makes a Ray/Mako. However, the Ray Raven does look much cleaner. Shame they didn't sort out the logo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice, prefer it without the pusher. Aesthetically, I don't mind either way. I have divers with extra pushers, i.e. helium valves, chronos, etc., and without... but everytime I see the pusher on my ray it reminds me of the fact that its there just to set the day, which reminds me of how dumb/crude the design is - yes I know it was a limitation of the archaic movement. Times changed, they have a better movement now that can handle both day and date settings via the crown. So in the concept of KISS, it is a no brainer to distil the design further to get rid of unnecessary components. If only they'd cleanup the dial and get rid of unnecessary words/letterings...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
What's the long term gray market price of the old ray?

I definitely want a blue pusher less ray but will wait until the price of these settles down. Obviously it might be a bit more than the old ray with the upgraded movement, but that'd be a good yardstick. What street price are these likely to go for?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
What's the long term gray market price of the old ray?

I definitely want a blue pusher less ray but will wait until the price of these settles down. Obviously it might be a bit more than the old ray with the upgraded movement, but that'd be a good yardstick. What street price are these likely to go for?
Around $100. Some sales and massdrops went a bit lower.

Anyway, I LOVE THE PUSHER!! It's quirky and unique. And it kind of apes the Seamaster Pro helium valve. ;)

DSC01510.JPG

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Oh, this looks very nice. Very sleek. I could see myself picking up another Ray in the future.

With a logo tweak and a better bracelet, this thing would be unstoppable.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I am fine with my pusher. Hoping this drives down the used prices for Mako/rays eventually because I would love to steal a black dial.

·
Banned
844 Posts
I mourn the loss of the poor man's HEV on the Ray, but adding hacking and hand winding soften the blow. I hope they don't change too much else as I like the dial design with all its quirks. I wouldn't like to see Orient become a generic design.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I can't say I'm sad to see the day pusher go and hacking and handwinding is a welcome addition. I had a ray and loved, but ultimately ended up flipping it purely based on the visual imbalance the pusher created. I will definitely be picking up a ray new raven.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts