WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the new Seiko Cocktail Time watches. I am really liking the blue one!

SRPB41:
SRPB41J1.png
SRPB43:
SRPB43J1.png
SRPB44:
SRPB44J1.png
SRPB46:
SRPB46J1.png

Automatic: SRPB41, SRPB43, SRPB44, SRPB46
Caliber 4R35
Vibrations: 21,600 vibrations per hour (6 beats per second)
Power reserve: 41 hours
Number of jewels: 23
Specifications
Stainless steel case
Box-shaped Hardlex crystal
Screw see-through case back
Diameter: 40.5mm, Thickness: 11.8mm
Water resistance: 5 bar
Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
Stainless steel bracelet with deployment clasp with push button release (SRPB41)
Calf strap with three-fold clasp with push button release (SRPB43, 44, 46)
Approximate recommended retail prices in Europe: from 410 Euro

Also four new models with a power reserve complication SSA341 / SSA343 / SSA345 / SSA346.

SSA341:
SSA341J1.png
SSA343:
SSA343J1.png
SSA345:
SSA345J1.png
SSA346:
SSA346J1.png

Automatic with center power reserve indicator: SSA341, SSA343, SSA345, SSA346
Caliber 4R57
Vibrations: 21,600 vibrations per hour (6 beats per second)
Power reserve: 41 hours
Number of jewels: 29
Specifications
Stainless steel case
Box-shaped Hardlex crystal
Screw see-through case back
Diameter: 40.5mm, Thickness: 14.5mm
Water resistance: 5 bar
Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
Stainless steel bracelet with deployment clasp with push button release (SSA341)
Calf strap with three-fold clasp with push button release (SSA343, 345, 346)
Approximate recommended retail prices in Europe: from 540 Euro

Press release from Seiko:
https://www.seikowatches.com/press_release/2017/RLS1703-08/index.html

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
The new Cocktail Times are what the now-discontinued Grand Cocktails should have been. No mismatch between the cream dial and the chapter ring as seen with the SDGM001. Stick to the essence of the original Cocktail Time, but riff on it to add some variety. Certainly some will be turned off by the Presage name on the dial. But I'm not one of those anti-Haiku on the dial types and, honestly, Seiko has to do a better job of branding anyway. Now I'm going to have to ditch my goal of not buying another mechanical for my collection for the next few years.

Meanwhile, let's celebrate the now-discontinued original Cocktail Time. Which I own -- and is a beauty.
DSCN2902.jpg
DSCN6261.jpg
IMAG4542.jpg
DSC04505.JPG
DSCN8919.JPG

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Odd the 4R has been chosen....but although several of them look tremendous the text "Presage" on the dial is the huge no-no for me.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
They look quite good. The power reserve ones seem a little too thick for me, but the SRPB41 looks great. I'll keep an out for these once released.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I admit for the SSA models, having 'Presage' on the dial at the top makes it look more crammed than it needs to, esp when the 'Automatic' is also up there for some reason. With all those fancy complications, I too would expect/prefer a 6r15 movement on it but it's not the end of the world for me. I think I can hold off on these though, not really looking for any more dress watches for the time being!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The crown looks too big.. and what bugs me is the movement they are using.. why not the same 6r15?
Have you tried using the original crown? I have a seriously hard time to get it out, it basically requires teeth. I think the new crown is probably the only true improvement.

Anyway, one image with the whole Cocktail Clan together:

My favorite may be SSA346J1, has a bit of Rolex Cellini going on there.. and interesting to have the power reserve indicator and interesting date pointer.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I prefer cursive font for the "automatic" word. But sadly it seems seiko is adamant on getting rid of it.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I have often flirted with getting the sarb065, but just never pulled the trigger thinking it would wear to large for my taste as a dress watch. My take on the new offerings is disappointed that they went with the 4r over the 6r. Glad they slimmed down the srp to 11.8 whereas the sarb065 was 13.1, big positive there. Personally, the ssa model dial with a power reserve that takes up half of the dial is not attractive at all and 14.5mm tall!! You got to be kidding! Where is a thinner, no date, sarb065 with a 38mm sibling with maybe some dial color options? Just my humble opinion.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I just noticed the hour indicators on the new models are not in two segments like in the true Cocktail Time models. The cupcake crown is probably a lot easier to operate than the little nubbin of a crown in the original but the more I look at these, the more I appreciate the SARB065.

Yes I didn't wear mine in a while but this made me get it out of the box again. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guys those watches are not called 2017 Cocktail anywhere, they simply re-use design of the SARB065.
The official Seiko Japan did not list those watches in their Baselworld news, which means those are for international market (apparent by their 3 initials references). Hence the questionable design, automatic font, presage branding and 4R movement. Guess what, they are sold in 300-400 range. Would you pay that amount for a ripoff with 4R?

JDM presage always use 6R mvmt, the stylish font for "automatic" and overall astounding design.

I dont say that those SSA are not nice. They are. But if you love the cocktail series, go ahead and buy sarb065 while the stocks last (still plenty). Or else, await the 2017 jdm series.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Guys those watches are not called 2017 Cocktail anywhere
They're called that here apparently, which is normally good enough. ;) (Not often that Seiko calls stuff the same as fans do; Alpinist is one.. but other than that, Seiko also doesn't call a Monster a Monster, or a Snowflake, etc, etc.)

Would you pay that amount for a ripoff with 4R?
Homage. :) But YES!

Also it's nice to have some complications like the pointer date and power reserve. Not sure in what ways the 6R15 would be better. (Slightly longer power reserve maybe, but not that big of a deal.)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Also it's nice to have some complications like the pointer date and power reserve. Not sure in what ways the 6R15 would be better. (Slightly longer power reserve maybe, but not that big of a deal.)
The 6R15 is a superior movement, using superior materials even if the overall design is very similar. The longer power reserve and tighter tolerances reflect those improvements.

1 - 20 of 420 Posts