WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Not sure why I always run into misalignment issue. Recently realized that my SMP 300 has a pretty obvious mis-alignment of the bezel (about half a click shifted to the right). Wondering if anyone has run into this issue, and if service was able to resolve it promptly.

I am ok with these kind of issue on let's say a SKX, but for a prestige brand like Omega I would expect these to be perfect.

I want to send my watch for warranty service but unfortunately, Swatch service is closed in Canada due to COVID. Going have to wait to see when they open up.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Don't let them just pull the insert and align it that way because it will not sit in the bezel with even spacing on the scallops and will look terrible.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
That would bother me as well. Omega will get it right.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had a PO with date wheel issues but they fixed it and serviced it for free. The only misalignment I had was with a Christopher Ward and they fixed it too, no hassle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, for sure it‘s disappointing but it happens to Omega as well. I’ve seen a similar one in AD when I was purchasing mine. Luckily they had another two to choose from.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Honestly, I think these things are riddled with QC issues. I posted last month about my new SMP that had a smudge on the balance bridge of the movement. Pretty obvious. After some back and forth with the AD, they were able to get Omega to replace the watch for me. I received the replacement, and it has issues as well. The hour hand lags 2-3 minutes behind the minute hand, (poor alignment during assembly) and there are 3 tiny specks of dust on the dial. SO frustrating. I’m trying to just get over it, as the issues are minor, and some people wouldn’t even notice probably, but I may have to send it in, because I can’t wear it without obsessing over it. I love the watch, it’s my favorite watch I‘ve ever owned, and I love Omega, but they are failing in their QC big time. Either that, or I’m just extremely unlucky. My watches that are 10-20 times cheaper than this have none of these problems....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Booked an appointment to the service center today. Will keep you guys updated on how it turns out. The good thing is that my SMP is running at +0.5s for 2 years. nothing else to complain about from me other than the misalignment.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Honestly, I think these things are riddled with QC issues. I posted last month about my new SMP that had a smudge on the balance bridge of the movement. Pretty obvious. After some back and forth with the AD, they were able to get Omega to replace the watch for me. I received the replacement, and it has issues as well. The hour hand lags 2-3 minutes behind the minute hand, (poor alignment during assembly) and there are 3 tiny specks of dust on the dial. SO frustrating. I’m trying to just get over it, as the issues are minor, and some people wouldn’t even notice probably, but I may have to send it in, because I can’t wear it without obsessing over it. I love the watch, it’s my favorite watch I‘ve ever owned, and I love Omega, but they are failing in their QC big time. Either that, or I’m just extremely unlucky. My watches that are 10-20 times cheaper than this have none of these problems....
Just sent my PO in for the same reason, the hour hand was 2-3 minutes behind the hour at the top of each hour. Sadly I’ve had the watch for several months before noticing it. I guess I should have used it to tell the time over admiring its beauty, maybe then I would have noticed it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a swatch service center near where I live in DT toronto. It's not open to public due to COVID, I emailed them and they said I can drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon if it's only the bezel. Will see how it turn out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
These are mass produced watches and things will always slip through, is it ideal... no, but I've had the same issues with a bunch of watches in this price range. Honestly the worst bezel alignment I had was my Rolex ceramic GMT, that bezel was wayyy off. I can't believe I didn't notice in the store...

Either way, if it bothers you, they will take care of it. Otherwise address it at your first service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't let them just pull the insert and align it that way because it will not sit in the bezel with even spacing on the scallops and will look terrible.
They actually mentioned that you cannot pull the ceramic insert or it will break. They had to order the entire bezel for another customer which is a whopping 1500 CAD.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Solid result and really impressed that they turned it around so quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Solid result and really impressed that they turned it around so quickly.
I have a friend who is the official service provider for Swatch, he took my watch into the local service center so I got ahead of the queue. Normally the service is closed due to COVID and mail in turnaround is around 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
They actually mentioned that you cannot pull the ceramic insert or it will break. They had to order the entire bezel for another customer which is a whopping 1500 CAD.
Figured it was just the spring, wasn't sure if they used the same as the previous model which is a simple spring plate with 3 locating fingers that can be adjusted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts