WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Longines Master Colection Annual Calendar
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

I found an interesting deal on a 2020 Seamaster 300M blue dial and ceramic blue bezel, with the 8800 in it and saphire sandwich that I always loved, for around 3000€.
I think it's a steal for the watch that it is, but I'm a little worried with it's autenticity, even if the seller has everything like box, papers, warranty, etc.
He even sent me pictures of the case back, but is hard to see the mechanism because of the bracelet, and even send me pictures of the adjustment of the clasp.

Is it too good to be true?

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
You should post pics, but if he has "papers", note that the fakers at this time only include the International Warranty card. If he has that but no Pictogram and Master Chronometer card, it's almost guaranteed fake.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If I had a 2020 SMP with all box and papers I would want more than that for it. If he cant send you proper photos thats another sign something isnt right. Then you need to make sure that you receive the watch in the photos. Best of luck with it. A few photos would be handy as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics that the seller sent me.
He has it on chrono 24 but I don't find the link to the watch.

The right price would be 3250€.
He had it for a while on the 3650€ and accepted my offer of 3250€ plus shipping.
And I'm talking to him about it.
What do you think?

·
Registered
926 Posts
This watch looks legit without looking at the movement. Since it's through Chrono24 you can take it to get authenticated upon receipt before releasing the funds. Theres not too much to worry about. Check his reviews too

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This watch looks legit without looking at the movement. Since it's through Chrono24 you can take it to get authenticated upon receipt before releasing the funds. Theres not too much to worry about. Check his reviews too
He is a private seller.
He has no reviews, unfortunately.
But if I can do that, that's awesome.

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
The watch in the pictures is genuine, assuming that he actually has the watch. Ask for pictures of it set to a specific time and date from the seller to prove possession.

·
Registered
926 Posts
He is a private seller.
He has no reviews, unfortunately.
But if I can do that, that's awesome.
Ok, but just make sure to pay via their Escrow service. As soon as you get it, it would be a good idea to take pics and post on here to verify, if you don't have an AD nearby. And also do what @6R15 suggested to make sure he's in possession of the watch.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I don’t think the price is too low. If you look on WatchRecon these watches are being sold for around $3,700-$4,000, which is exactly what €3,000-€3,250 comes out to be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, but just make sure to pay via their Escrow service. As soon as you get it, it would be a good idea to take pics and post on here to verify, if you don't have an AD nearby. And also do what @6R15 suggested to make sure he's in possession of the watch.
I will do that. Thanks for the advice.
Because the nearest AD is 3 hours distance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The watch in the pictures is genuine, assuming that he actually has the watch. Ask for pictures of it set to a specific time and date from the seller to prove possession.
He sent me this specific day and date and sent me a video winding it and unscrewing the crown.
The rotor is silent as hell, he put the phone near the watch so he could pick up the sound of the rotor and is exactly like other Omega's that my father have, like his 38mm AT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would recommend checking out WatchRecon and buying domestic from someone with feedback.
My problem with watch recon is that I can't find all that watches here in France where I live...

·
Registered
146 Posts
You have to do that to list it on Chrono24

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
You have to do that to list it on Chrono24
Yes, but I've literally seen scammers post stolen watch pictures from online sources, then go to a dealer and pretend to have interest only to take pictures of the watch at a specific time in-store.

Most private sellers usually don't have one of these in their homes:

20210222_142454.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, but I've literally seen scammers post stolen watch pictures from online sources, then go to a dealer and pretend to have interest only to take pictures of the watch at a specific time in-store.

Most private sellers usually don't have one of these in their homes:

View attachment 15726971
But he sent me one picture of the box too with the watch on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts