WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
nah,... just generally keeps me from a deep sleep. I'll then have a good chance of being conscious.

I am hoping the watch I have my sights on comes up before too long! The last time I took advantage of their advent calendar, I think it was the watch that appeared at 1:00 AM that I hit the buy-it button for. I think it's a lot of fun but if I don't get lucky, I'll probably buy it at full price anyway.

I would've gone for the Verus but I already own a Damasko DS30.

Registered
I think that Stowa offers a good variety of designs; dress watches, diver watches, pilot watches and marine watches. When I look a Sinn or even Laco, they are more oriented towards tool watches; diver and pilot watches
A declining Interest in Stowa watches in general maybe ?! I am a bit tired of seeing all those limited editions or special models, basically just featuring a change in colour (dial or case). Bought my last Stowa in 2018, turned towards Dekla, Hanhart, Nomos since then.

Registered
Yes I see what you mean but I guess for someone like me who's looking for a high quality impeccably made watch, it still has its appeal. I don't have enough watches for this to matter. In other words, I like their Stowa's Marine watches. When I look at Laco's version and compare it to Stowa's, I still prefer Stowa's. But yes, I get what you're saying....I have other hobbies and I've seen this same type of thing related to hum-drum roll-outs. Benchmade knives vs Spyderco comes to mind.

Registered
I bought a blue classic flieger, and its still not sold out, maybe they have 3-5 pieces per number day.

Anyway heres hoping it arrives before chrismas

Enviado desde mi CLT-L29 mediante Tapatalk
That explains why I was able to request a hand wind version of the Marine Auto they listed in the calendar a few years back. But there was not a hand wind option listed in the selection. I aquired it by an email request. Low and behold, an tandwind was delivered! btw, it was new not used. Not saying it wasn't a watch used for a display, but certainly not used.

Registered
I ordered a new one on December 24th. I can only imagine the wait I have considering those who ordered a watch already made are still waiting. But that's alright with me. I expect it. I suppose it'll be sometime late February.

Registered
I bet that was not the only email inquiry they received. Thanks for sharing their response. The watches that are sold as demos should move relatively fast. I sadly did not see the watch I wanted so mine will need to be made. I wouldn't want to rush them for that for QC sake!

Registered
I love the lume on the B dials. I think to WUS members and all watch enthusiasts, we're familiar with these B dials but I bet it's an eye catcher to those who use smart phones as their time pieces!

So my watch, which was NOT on the Advent Calendar, was ordered on December 24th ( a few minutes after the 24th watch appeared), and I just received my FedEx notice too. I find that curious since the Advent Calendar watches already existed, whereas new ordered watches still needed to be assembled. My watch appears to already be in the States!

Registered
OK, now it makes sense to me. I also ordered my watch on December 24th. My selection was also not pre-made, listed on the calendar. My watch is a simple ETA 7001. Your watch probably requires more work to execute and assemble due to the complications. That's my guess. I received my Marine on Feb 12th.
....yours is well worth the wait!

I say to my wife while waiting long for our entrees at a nice restaurant, "at least we know it wasn't under a heat lamp!" (not to imply those pre-made calendar watches are in anyway compromised. I bought one a few years back and it was impeccably made!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts