WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was able to switch out the clasp on my 3861 Speedy for the Chronoscope adjustable clasp (11STZ013899) this weekend. As others have noted, and as you can see in the pic below, the middle section of the folding arm on the Chronoscope clasp is much wider than the original one:

Light Purple Dress Lighting Dishware

It was an easy solution to remove the folding arm from the original watch clasp and put it onto the Chronoscope clasp - you just have to pop off one spring bar. If you don't want to do this, you'd have to buy the Chronoscope link that attaches to the wider center of the folding clasp (part #118STZ013110). I found it easier to pop off the spring bar and move the folding arm versus fighting with those insanely small Omega screws. It also avoids paying $65 for a small link.

The Chronoscope clasp is also longer than the original clasp, so I also had to remove on additional link on the 12 o'clock side of the bracelet to accommodate the longer length:

Body jewelry Purple Natural material Art Jewellery

When extended, I measured the difference at 2.5mm. For me, it resulted in a perfect fit. With the original clasp, the fit was either too loose or too tight and I thought that the end link looked horrible when you used the outer micro-adjustment hole.

Watch Analog watch White Clock Watch accessory

The whole process took me about 10 minutes to complete. And that's only because my fat fingers and those damn Omega screws are sworn enemies!

Big thanks to Brad @ Brent L. Miller Jewelers for helping me source the Chronoscope clasp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh Boy, thank you all for your contribution! I was looking for a solution since I bought the watch in July, actually wore it on a Perlon Strap as I couldn't get a perfect fit with the bracelet without the need to look at this ugly gap when using the outer micro adjustment which drives me nuts tbh.

This looks like a decent solutions in first place (beside the fact that it should've been included when bought anyways) however as far as I can see, the adjustability is exactly the same as on the clasp the watch comes with so the only benefit is indeed the on the fly adjustability and the no longer visible gap, am I correct?

The only other benefit I could think of would be a scenario when you're in between the micro adjustment and will now get a proper fit without the adjustment as the clasp itself is longer and in addition you've the on the fly adjustment which will not look ridiculous anymore?

Will Omega or the AD change these for goodwill by any chance in the future or should I order directly before bothering anymore...?

Any errors in reasoning? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh Boy, thank you all for your contribution! I was looking for a solution since I bought the watch in July, actually wore it on a Perlon Strap as I couldn't get a perfect fit with the bracelet without the need to look at this ugly gap when using the outer micro adjustment which drives me nuts tbh.

This looks like a decent solutions in first place (beside the fact that it should've been included when bought anyways) however as far as I can see, the adjustability is exactly the same as on the clasp the watch comes with so the only benefit is indeed the on the fly adjustability and the no longer visible gap, am I correct?

The only other benefit I could think of would be a scenario when you're in between the micro adjustment and will now get a proper fit without the adjustment as the clasp itself is longer and in addition you've the on the fly adjustment which will not look ridiculous anymore?

Will Omega or the AD change these for goodwill by any chance in the future or should I order directly before bothering anymore...?

Any errors in reasoning? What do you guys think?
I think you've summarized it well.

I measure the micro adjustment on the original clasp at just under 2mm and the link looks terrible when extended.

I measure the Chronoscope on-the-fly adjustment at 2.5mm and the extension is hidden from view.

Beyond the measurements, it's really just about the feel. I could not get a comfortable fit with the original clasp. I'm getting a much better fit with the adjustable clasp.

If you're getting a good fit already, it's probably not worth upgrading.

As others have noted, the adjustable clasp should be standard on this watch.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts