WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 160 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes, I referred to that link. The rep told me the clasp DOES NOT contain that 6H link, it is obsolete, the clasp now only comes with the 12H push button mechanism.

How did you get it to work without the 6H link? The watchmaker told me it's not possible.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
You are referring to this circled link, correct? I ordered both Chronoscope clasp and the link on Jan 10, and I did not need to use the link.

A friend recently ordered the clasp and was told by Omega that the link is obsolete, so the clasps should be coming with everything you need. I'll update when his arrives in a couple weeks.
View attachment 16590024
Yes that is the link that is needed and it has not been confirmed by anyone whether it is included with the clasp now or not.

Are you saying you fitted the clasp by swapping the arms between the two clasps? If so, your clasp isn’t closing properly. The thinner arm contacts the push button and keeps the clasp from closing fully (although it still clicks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes that is the link that is needed and it has not been confirmed by anyone whether it is included with the clasp now or not.

Are you saying you fitted the clasp by swapping the arms between the two clasps? If so, your clasp isn’t closing properly. The thinner arm contacts the push button and keeps the clasp from closing fully (although it still clicks).

I have the same question for Tim... Tim how did you make it work without the 6H link please?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Cool. So the clasp is all that is needed. Thanks for confirming.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
No, the clasp is not all that is needed. I’m a little confused by what Tim is saying, but he had to replace the link for the clasp to fit.

You need both the connecting link and the clasp from the Chronoscope. The connecting link on the 3861 bracelet is narrower and will not accept the Chronoscope clasp.

Edit: hopefully this is helpful (from his picture). The Chronoscope link is the unknown linchpin that everyone is trying to figure out how to get right now.
Watch Analog watch Font Measuring instrument Cameras & optics

·
Registered
484 Posts
No, the clasp is not all that is needed. I’m a little confused by what Tim is saying, but he had to replace the link for the clasp to fit.

You need both the connecting link and the clasp from the Chronoscope. The connecting link on the 3861 bracelet is narrower and will not accept the Chronoscope clasp.

Edit: hopefully this is helpful (from his picture). The Chronoscope link is the unknown linchpin that everyone is trying to figure out how to get right now. View attachment 16597530

Ok. So he clearly said to take that link from the 3861 and use it on the chronoscape clasp. But what you say makes sense. So the only real option right now is to buy the whole Chronoscope bracelet including the clasp?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tim, can you help us out here? How were you able to use the link from the 3861 bracelet with the chronoscape clasp? If you can send a pic of the clasp with the 3861 link attached that would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to pay for the clasp and then not be able to use it. Returning it will not be an option for me because I'm overseas. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Tim, can you help us out here? How were you able to use the link from the 3861 bracelet with the chronoscape clasp? If you can send a pic of the clasp with the 3861 link attached that would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to pay for the clasp and then not be able to use it. Returning it will not be an option for me because I'm overseas. Many thanks.
That’s not what his picture is showing because it’s not possible. The picture he posted shows the Chronoscope clasp and the Chronoscope connecting link installed on the 3861 bracelet. As you can see from my picture below the Chronoscope clasp arm is approximately 2mm wider than the opening on the 3861 bracelet connecting link. It is not possible to install it without swapping the link.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I could have sworn I placed the original link down and reused it with the Chronoscope clasp but I must be mistake, best to delete my previous posts, sorry for any confusion. The friend I mentioned also decided to sell his Speedy and cancelled the clasp order.

141 - 160 of 216 Posts