WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was at the local OB today and tried the new Speedy. It's overall and aesthetically, a great and different upgrade to the 3570.50 that I and many others own (especially with the lovely to look at stepped subdials) and I think the new bracelet is a killer. The older bracelet is one of the reasons I wear my Speedy Pro on a strap almost 99% of the time. I would also be interested at some point in the future, swapping this bracelet for the newer one. The taper is just perfectly done (though I think the overall price hike is unjustified).

Reactions: georgegervin44

·
Registered
557 Posts
I was at the local OB today and tried the new Speedy. It's overall and aesthetically, a great and different upgrade to the 3570.50 that I and many others own (especially with the lovely to look at stepped subdials) and I think the new bracelet is a killer. The older bracelet is one of the reasons I wear my Speedy Pro on a strap almost 99% of the time. I would also be interested at some point in the future, swapping this bracelet for the newer one. The taper is just perfectly done (though I think the overall price hike is unjustified).
I think the price hike is justified by the new movement alone. Incredibly accurate (mine only lost 1 second over the course of a week of daily wear), higher power reserve, and the magnetic resistance.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Exactly. The previous gen bracelet was so bad it was almost a deal breaker for me. So glad I took the plunge, bought an 1171 and subsequently way too many straps for her.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought the bracelet as soon as it came out for my 1861. It’s very comfortable, solid and overall a much better match for the speedy than the previous gen bracelet. The other reason I got this one is no modification required compared to getting an 1171 or a 1450.

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
A question for the Speedy Pro enthusiasts out there: I know that everyone is gushing over the new 2021 Speedy bracelet, but I'm in the minority here. I love all the upgrades and improvements of the 2021 Speedy with the exception of the bracelet. The main sticking point is that the taper is a bit too much for my tastes (bracelet tapers from 20mm at the lugs to 15mm at the clasp). So I much prefer the previous generation bracelet given its negligible taper. My question is a simple one: Is the previous generation Speedy bracelet compatible with the 2021 Speedy? In other words, I would be looking to replace the new 2021 bracelet with the previous generation bracelet and I wanted to see if I could simply swap bracelets.
That’s so funny—I’m the exact opposite. The extreme taper is one of the reasons I’m loving these new bracelets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my 3861 Speedmaster yesterday. I've been hovering over picking up the previous version for a long time, but the new iteration is, to my eyes, absolutely perfect. I love the taper in the bracelet, I have been wearing an Oris divers65 daily for the last year, and that tapers 21mm to 14mm(!) and I find it such an easy watch to wear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Waiting for my new 3861 bracelet to arrive at OB. For the reasons you state above, I decided on the 3861 bracelet to mount on my 1861. I’m not great at mods, have a heavy hand, and have been know to ruin these types of projects. Really looking to receiving it. Pics to follow…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts