WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to adjust the bracelet of the new 2021 Speedmaster Professional on their own? I know with the previous model, it was supposed to be really difficult to unscrew the links. I believe I read they may have used Loctite or something similar on the screws. On the other hand, the screws on the Speedmaster Racing 40mm I used to own were really easy to remove.

Curious to know how easy it is to adjust the new bracelet. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I did it.. it’s hard.. A very tiny screw is on each side on the link. Once you get the screws out then you have to get the bar in the center of the link out. Putting it all back together isn’t fun either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
If it's stuck heat up the links first.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yes. I would heat up the links first with a blow dryer. Also use a correctly sized screwdriver, it’s worth while to order a micro set from wiha.

Reactions: dleaphart

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts

Step by step guide for any Omega screw link bracelet. Follow the guide, be patient and you won't scratch the screws or bracelet. You need good heat to release the loktite. A blow dryer will take forever.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did it.. it’s hard.. A very tiny screw is on each side on the link. Once you get the screws out then you have to get the bar in the center of the link out. Putting it all back together isn’t fun either

I was able to do it myself, but it was not easy and it required quite a bit of patience.
Was there thread sealer on the screws making them hard to loosen?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone attempted to adjust the bracelet of the new 2021 Speedmaster Professional on their own? I know with the previous model, it was supposed to be really difficult to unscrew the links. I believe I read they may have used Loctite or something similar on the screws. On the other hand, the screws on the Speedmaster Racing 40mm I used to own were really easy to remove.

Curious to know how easy it is to adjust the new bracelet. Thanks!
Hair dryer worked well for me, but be careful for your hands.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Also use a correctly sized screwdriver
This is the best advice I've found. I had issues with my 2019 Speedy and Planet Ocean until I ordered the correct size and now its much easier. I can PM/post the exact size I've used later if there is interest.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the best advice I've found. I had issues with my 2019 Speedy and Planet Ocean until I ordered the correct size and now its much easier. I can PM/post the exact size I've used later if there is interest.
I wonder if it will be the same for the 2021 Speedy bracelet?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
i would love to know the exact size screwdriver.. I used one but don't really know if it was the correct size for the screws

1 - 12 of 12 Posts