WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Who knows if it's true, but it seems like pretty safe in terms of the suggested changes. The coronet in swiss made is what they've done recently when they want to denote updated movements (a la 126710 gmt's), the new movement has been widely speculated, and the slightly slimmer lugs have been making appearances on other lines as well.

All good changes and all changes I'd welcome, but hardly revolutionary (which is what we should expect, of course).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
He's had bang on "leaks" in the past, but apparently this comes from a different source. Even if it's fake, it's basically what I'm expecting for the new Sub. Honestly am more interested in what Tudor will do, as I'm in the market for a Pelagos

·
Registered
109 Posts
Real or fake we won’t know until the real one comes out. Slightly slimmer lugs and a new movement is a good guess tho...

·
Registered
29,372 Posts
Yes, Rolex, a company inherently known for keeping their actions incredibly secrets, has an emplyee who has released a photo to some guy who begs for likes at the start of the video

You're not Marc Goldberg by any chance are you OP?

·
Registered
18,395 Posts
Actually, big publishers like Revolution Watches, A Blog to Watch and closer to home Time + Tide will receive media packages from Rolex prior to any release. These media packs will contain all that the media outlet needs for a write up, e.g. the article or press release is already half written up for them.

Then there’s the news embargo which forbids the media outlet from releasing anything until a certain date or time. The 2019 fiasco with RPR breaking the news embargo tells me that although how secretive Rolex is, their media department still has to reach out to the media outlets to get word to the market.

So just keep your eyes and ears close to the main stream companies and you will know if the news is trustworthy or not. Marc Goldberg? Probably not.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If true does the current Sub get a cool nick name like Sophia Loren?

I’m going to call mine the JLo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes, Rolex, a company inherently known for keeping their actions incredibly secrets, has an emplyee who has released a photo to some guy who begs for likes at the start of the video

You're not Marc Goldberg by any chance are you OP?
To be honest I just found out the existence of this human being, so I guess the answer is no I’m not

Sent from my Brain using my Fingers

·
Registered
20,407 Posts
No real surprises though eh??

Slimmer lugs and the new movement, pretty much what everyone has been “Foreseeing” all year.

Both of which are an improvement IMO.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I enjoy his "wist woch check" in his videos but this seems like nonsense. Someone has rigged up a photo based on what they think is likely. They weren't going to make the lugs larger were they? If you watch the video on a larger screen you can see the swiss made bit with the crown has a different contrast/saturation to the rest of the grainy photo. He also said "peace out" so he lost a couple more points.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts