WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have long been looking for a durable 12Hr chronograph...

The Sinn 206 Arktis II, seems to check all the boxes for me. But before pulling the trigger and purchasing one, i as wonder how other members experiences have been with this model?

The size balance is the only aspect, that is making me hesitant, 43mm wide, especially the height at 17mm. The Seiko E
mperor Tuna is ~17.2mm.

Was wondering if any ones has some Comparison shots?

Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks

If i were to purchase it, probably would put it on a navy blue isofrane or maybe the new navy blue tropic.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ironically I only just saw this post a couple hours ago

In terms of balance, I think it depends on the type of watch you like to wear. If you read along this forum, many people swear by 38's and 40's and how it fits and slides under a cuff, blah blah blah :-d

I personally like larger watches (not exactly the 48 mm breitlings, but you get my point) and even though yes the Arktis is a thicker watch with the chrono and exhibition back, I personally think it wears very well. At least, I love how it looks, regardless if others think it doesn't fit my wrist "traditionally" :-!

What comparison are you looking for exactly?

Edit: re-reading your post, I think a blue rubber strap would fit this watch well. I wear it on the original blue croc embossed leather strap but nato or rubber would work as well (just don't cover the nice exhibition back...)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Viper98912,

thank you, for your input.

Typically i enjoy 42mm, that fit is the best fit for me, almost all my watches are 42mm but they are not that tall (expect the tunas)

Maybe a 42mm height comparison?

i may get the new navy blue tropic for it if i pick it up

·
Registered
895 Posts
At that price you may also consider the 44 mm Blackeye-Blue dial Breitling Steelfish Chrono (44 mm x 17.1 mm). 500 m vs. 300 m, better lume, COSC certificate, real screwdown crown (which the Arktis I. used to have, the new Arktis II. not), wider service network so cheaper sealing kit replacement (p&p), better bracelet (I usually wear mine on the Pro II. but scan shows rubber), better bezel mechanism with 120 stops. If size is an issue you can find the 17.1 mm x 42 mm Chrono Superocean (unfortunately already sold mine, just to buy the Steelfish Chrono). Same features, silver subdials. Don't get me wrong, I love Sinn watches, also have a few, but these Breitlings are really worth considering. I've sold my Arktis I. 17 x 41 mm and never looked back. And the Breitling blue dials are simply the nicest on the market. Just my two cents of course.
20180616_175752.jpg
Kép 006.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here's some pictures for you.

Citizen Chandler Quartz, 42mm (12-6), 12.5mm thick. The caseback is flat, and the front is curved.

The Sinn is 43mm (12-6). Both sapphires are curved, and measures 17mm thick in the middle of the curves. If you measure to the edges of the sapphires, it's 14mm.

Honestly, you get used to the thickness if it's within your style. If you're a smaller watch kind of guy, it may bother you. I am a thin person with smaller wrists.

20191005_072609_resized.jpg
20191005_072621_resized.jpg
20191005_072718_resized.jpg
20191005_072725_resized.jpg

|>

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Robertus & @Viper98912,

thank you both, for your input.

Maybe i will look into Breitling also, but never really was a fan of the brand, things could change, but would like an all blue dial.

The artkis ii pics were great, so it will be kind of 300mtuna-ish looking, hockey puckish, just not as wide.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
The Arktis II is seriously awesome and is the Sinn watch I never knew I needed. The watch was never on my radar until I decided to browse the new models on Watchbuys, and as I’m a sucker for arctic themed watches I was instantly drawn to it.

Yes it’s a large watch, but it wears smaller (especially in height) than the dimensions suggest. That ice blue dial is just tremendous, and the tech is so very cool (if not complete overkill).

I’ll get some pics up shortly. To anyone on the fence; yes it’s worth it.

Reactions: CGSshorty
1 - 15 of 15 Posts