WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Hirsch Mariner from Freda in Black and instead received a Brown one in error. Before returning it...I thought I'd place it against the watch to see how it looked and, well...I kinda like it!

Anyone else have this (or similar) combo? I would have thouhgt that the brown band would clash with the black bezel, but it seems to work well. Now I dont know whether to return or not...hmmm.:-s

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have a really dark brown one with white stitching but I don't have a picture of it. I put it on a honey brown one now and then.

Personally, I like brown straps on black face watches.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow! Never realized brown strap does look good on all these pictures.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found a photo of the darker brown strap but not a great moment in photography.

That's almost the same color as the brown mariner. It's really growing on me. Never thought it would look good. Who knew...:-d

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
fr john has some great shots of speedmasters on brown straps, so i'm not surprised that the 2254.50 & PO would look equally nice.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Mikeand - the strap is a Hadley Roma. I still have the case and it says Model MS895 - brown. It's calfskin and not a genuine alligator strap so it is inexpensive. Retail says $29.95 but I paid less than $20 for it on the bay.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Black dial with brown strap is a great combo. Check out "Blood Diamond", where Leonardo Di Caprio is wearing a Breitling Avenger Chrono black dial on a dark tan buffalo strap.
Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You probably grew up with a mother like mine. Her tastes were very much in line with those of the day, thus my father and I were never to be seen with shoes of brown under a black or blue suit. The shoe color taboo is still proper imo, and I think most peoples'.

A watch is easier to get away with, and I kinda like the combination. Keep it and order one in black to boot. You'll have the best of both worlds!

Who woulda thought that a blue blazer over chinos would look great?!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've a Brown Hirsch Pricipal that I sometimes put on my PO. The wife said "No, don't do it! Black and brown won't go together" until I put it on, then she quite liked it. So did I!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts