WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed today the bezel was sitting higher on one side. When I pushed it down the bezel popped off the watch. I snapped it back into place but it seems a little loose. I can put my fingetr nail under the lip and the bezel will move up, but only at one specific place, the 40 min mark. Any ideas how to fix. Do I need to just replcae the Bezel Spring. Anyone know the part number for this spring or the case nuber for this model.

thanks
John

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sounds like the bezel itself might be bent if one side is sitting higher than the other. Has the watch been knocked around and/or have you attempted to remove it?

If you can pop it off with your finger, it means that there's a misalignment between the groove on the case, the bezel spring, and the bezel. If the bezel itself is bent, it likely means that the spring is also bent. So, place both the bezel and the spring on a flat surface. Both of them should sit flat. If they look flat, I would recommend that you pop off the bezel insert and then try to seat the bezel. You should be able to see the bezel spring engage the case that way. If there's mis-alignment, you can try to reshape the bezel and bezel spring. A press or some sort is helpful here. The bezel spring is a pain to flatten, of course. Thankfully, they are relatively cheap to replace.

If worse comes to worst, a replacement bezel set is slightly north of $200, but it's very easy to install if the original bezel is already off.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
While what ASR wrote might be true, I think your bezel spring is just bent in one specific place. The gap it is showing is probably around 0.5 to 0.75 mm, right? You can try and re-shape the bezel spring so that it will be completely flat (an exercise in futility - I found it to be, anyway), or you can order a brand new one. A new one will cost you about $10 plus shipping. Here's a photo showing both the bezel spring and click spring parts numbers. (Consider just changing both out; they're cheap, and you might as well do both.)

It's the one on the left:

Good luck. I would bet just about anything that it's just the bezel spring. Although it is possible to bend the bezel, it's a pretty sturdy piece and would take a lot of force in one area to bend it. Most likely just a bent spring....

Oh, and once you have the new spring(s), it's a super easy job to re-install the spring(s) and to pop on the bezel assembly. You can definitely do it yourself, especially now that your bezel has come off/comes off easily. I suggest you remove the bezel now and don't wear it until you get the new parts. You be able to figure it all out easily enough. One last tip: The click spring just sits there in its groove. Don't try and glue it down or otherwise secure it to the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts