WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just couldn’t believe my eyes yesterday when, by chance, I happened to check out meranon.com and found myself looking at a 24-hour dial Amphibian (AMPHIBIAN SE 420454S). :-!

I have two watch passions in my life; 24-hour dials, and Amphibians (and Komandirskies). As far as I know this must be the first 24-hour dial Amphibian. No, yes!?

There were 8 in stock when I ordered mine (plus, of course ;-), the black water resistant leather strap with white stitching), and when I had a look just now, well “Out of stock” (not unexpected). Only regret I didn’t order two. I just can’t wait for it...

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Unless you're talking about this particular case design or something, no, 24 hour Amphibians are not rare. They're readily available on eBay. I used to have one and sold it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They also made it in Albatros case:

Already out of stock...I like the "technical" 333 dial but I would have preferred it with green numbers.

The 24h is not branded "antimagnetic" though.
Yes, you're right and I should have mentioned it, but as you say, it's out of stock as well. I like the case on this one as well, but I do prefer the more "minimalistic" 420-case. However, I would have preferred the strap on the 670454S. I translated the cyrillic word below the Bostoc logo and both versions (420/670) read "Anti-magnetic". So not sure what you mean: "The 24h is not branded "antimagnetic" though".

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you're talking about this particular case design or something, no, 24 hour Amphibians are not rare. They're readily available on eBay. I used to have one and sold it.
No, I'm not talking about this particular case design but about Amphibians in general. I've been into Amphibians for about 18 month now and I can't count the number of hours I've spent on eBay looking at them. Not once have I seen a 24-hour dial Amphibian before yesterday. If I had seen one I would have bought it immediately! If you can provide a link to a 24-hour dial Amphibian on eBay I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
No, I'm not talking about this particular case design but about Amphibians in general. I've been into Amphibians for about 18 month now and I can't count the number of hours I've spent on eBay looking at them. Not once have I seen a 24-hour dial Amphibian before yesterday. If I had seen one I would have bought it immediately! If you can provide a link to a 24-hour dial Amphibian on eBay I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
I should say that 24 hour automatic Vostoks are not rare. I've always thought of the Komandirskies as being hand winding and Amphibians as autos. In fact, when I bought the one I used to have the seller said that although it says Komandirskie, it's an auto and in every way an Amphibian. And I am not one to quibble about a Russian word on the dial.

Commander's Watch 24hr Automatic Amphibian Watch VOSTOK 100M WR 2431 350617 | eBay

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I should say that 24 hour automatic Vostoks are not rare. I've always thought of the Komandirskies as being hand winding and Amphibians as autos. In fact, when I bought the one I used to have the seller said that although it says Komandirskie, it's an auto and in every way an Amphibian. And I am not one to quibble about a Russian word on the dial.

Commander's Watch 24hr Automatic Amphibian Watch VOSTOK 100M WR 2431 350617 | eBay
OK, no problemo! Guess I'm just more picky about the logo and depth specification. Generally 200 m for Amphibians (i.e. diver watch spec.) and 100 m for Komandirskies.

Anyway, I just love my Vostok 24-hour dial watches and I'm especially thrilled I'll soon have one with the Amphibian logo, (B)-crown, 200 m, and the scuba dude case back.

BTW, thanks for the link! (Have it already in my collection but with the white dial)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rare or not, congratulations. Nice watch! :-!

Reactions: VWatchie

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Damn, this just makes my want list to grow bigger. I particularly like the Albatros case, it's very comfortable on the wrist. I'm not sure but I hope the modern Albatros case has 20mm lugs width.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh, let me hope this wonderful new Amphibia implies that someday soon there will be some with 24-hour lumed dial with date!! Please, or I'll have to mod it myself :))

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, this just makes my want list to grow bigger. I particularly like the Albatros case, it's very comfortable on the wrist. I'm not sure but I hope the modern Albatros case has 20mm lugs width.
Good news! You don't need to hope for it as the 670-case (Albatros) lug width is indeed 20 mm. You can read about it here.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Oh, let me hope this wonderful new Amphibia implies that someday soon there will be some with 24-hour lumed dial with date!! Please, or I'll have to mod it myself :))
Well according the the specification, the hour indexes on the dial are lumed (as well as the hands) and it has a date complication. Perhaps you mean something else?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts