WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group!

Most chronographs within watches run for 59 minutes 59 secs, and then stop at 00:00. This is too short.

I seek a watch that has the following specifications:

Luminous or good fluorescent; good dark visibility
Water resistant. So lock-down crown preferred.
Sweep second hand
No winding or maintenance or battery changes – if possible; so automatic or eco drive.
Clear chapter ring, with clearest divisions against a dark or black background.
Either a bezel that rotates both ways …. Or a stopwatch function that runs for more than 24h.
Shock proof (relatively!)

Price range: £80 - £200

Please can anyone advise? Thanks

Arepo

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
No auto chronos that I know of that has 24 hour accumulator, only 12 hours.

Even at high end of your budget, one can barely get a good service on automatic chronograph, never mind buying one.

So, we get to eco drive or solar.

I have not seen an eco drive or solar with sweeping second hand.

So, unless you have to compromize (perhaps digital chronograph function with analog time? - Many G-shocks at your price range), there is none which will meet all your criteria that I know of. Of course, my knowledge is limited so there may be others who knows of such beast - that will be quite interesting.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
People can advise....But what you want, it does not exist.....So, sorry, can't help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK guys Thank you for your advice.
Following a review I've decided on a Seiko SSC021 Solar Diver Chrono – or something similar.

I feel that time lapse duration can be recorded well with a bezel for durations longer than 60 minutes.
The lumed hands and cardinals are good on this watch too.

The sweep second hand is a mini dial; that isn't a deal breaker. The sweep is still present.

Solar is the same technology as eco drive.

There is a clear chapter ring, with clearest divisions against a black background.

Although the bezel is one way only, it’s better than no bezel at all – given the absence of chronograph beyond 1h.

Cheers

Arepo3.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
The sweep second hand is a mini dial; that isn't a deal breaker. The sweep is still present.
I think you may have a different definition than most of us regard "sweep". We think of sweep as a second hand that generally moves 3 or usually more times a second, the Seiko you list has a second hand that moves once per second like most quartz movements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts