WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a 2531.80 from a fellow WUS member yesterday and it looks gorgeous.

However, after spending a day with it (left it dial down at night), I noticed the watch was 10 seconds fast. Is there something I'm doing wrong or should I take it to a jeweler? I wounded the watch to its fullest when I got it and simply wore it around yesterday. This morning, I noticed that it's 10 seconds faster.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Personally, I'd go a week or two and watch the total average over at least 7 days.

Even if it's +10 a day I probably wouldn't do anything about it until it's ready for a service (ask the last owner when it was last serviced).

Even if you have it regulated to COSC, you're only talking a few more seconds every 24 hours - so it's probably not worth the risk or expense of having someone open a well running watch just to get it to COSC before it needs a service.

Just MHO.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Leave it crown up tonight. My 2531.80 seemed to run most accurate in that position.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My computer is having an off day and I can't run a search.

I have read that positioning your watch at night can affect wither it runs fast or slow, try these other position and see wither you watch runs fast or slow:
  • On its back
  • On its side, crown up
  • On its side, HE valve up
Hope this is of help.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts