WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Chinese collector posted images of this rare 29 jewels movement of Shanghai automatic military watch. These watches were issued to PLA division commanders and above from about 1970-1977. Each watch and movement is numbered. This is muc less often seen than the aleady quite rare 24 jewels military watch.:-! Probably only a few thousand watches were made.

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,769 Posts
A Chinese collector posted images of this rare 29 jewels movement of Shanghai automatic military watch. These watches were issued to PLA division commanders and above from about 1970-1977. Each watch and movement is numbered. This is muc less often seen than the aleady quite rare 24 jewels military watch.:-! Probably only a few thousand watches were made.
:-! A very special watch.

I'm very happy to see this movement finally. I wonder if it is an original design or a copy of a foreign movement :think:

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:-! A very special watch.

I'm very happy to see this movement finally. I wonder if it is an original design or a copy of a foreign movement :think:
I don't know if it is a copy of something, but the owner said that it has some parts(the escapement shaft for example) that are interchangeable with that of Rolex models of the 1960's.(6094,6694)

I don't know its origianl price, but the 24 jewels was about 50-60% of a similar Rolex. This one should be more expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts