WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which date works best

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I have been procrastinating, but with a new wife and child....And three jobs.

Looking to see who would be interested for a Saturday GTG. Will be inviting Mike and Dan again, hopefully having it hosted by Martin Pulli Jewelers as well in Manayunk.

Please let me know who is interested and what dates will work for everyone. We will go from there. Last year we had a good turnout, with people coming from Pittsburgh and Maryland. Maybe we can do a three day event for those that can make it from out of town.

Who is in?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I would say I am interested. Obviously need some idea of the date to make sure it doesn't clash with family plans or something, but I would be willing to make the drive up to meet everyone and do some watch snoopin.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Warren,
I'd come down for a day or two depending on the date.
J

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm in, now that I live here. Pretty flexible on dates, although a few weekend are off-limits (6/14, 7/5, 7/20). I might even bring the wife and kid if it's going to be that kind of event.

Let me know,
Daniel

·
Registered
294 Posts
This sounds great. I'd make the drive from CT...and I think end of July to August would be best for me.

Thanks Warren,
Mith

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have off weekends in August:

1st, 2nd, 3rd Fri, Sat Sun

15th, 16th, 17th, Fri, Sat Sun

July I will be in S.F. 14th-20th

Will be around July 4th, 5th, 6th. Fri, Sat, Sun. Being the 4th of July weekend, I would assume that would be out, unless everyone wanted to come down and see some Amazing fireworks. Philadelphia really does know how to put on a great show. Right over the Art Center where Rocky climed the steps!

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay

I added a poll. Please if you are likely to attend, please choose. We will go with the most votes. The sooner I know, the sooner I can see if Mike Kobold and Dan S. will make the trip out like they did last year.

Martin Pulli has agreed to host the event at his store, like he did last year. Also we can reserve a restaurant, or choose once we are there, as there are 10 different places all within walking distance.

Again, for out of towners, I will be around Friday Saturday and Sunday so if you need a guide or host, I will be available to show everyone around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will be up in the NJ/Philly area from South Florida from July 4th to July 13th. I would love to attend a GTG in that time frame!!! b-)

Rgds, Robert

Limits A
Polar Surveyour
Endurance A
Soarway Diver
Seal TI

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Warren,
Great idea!!! I would vote for the mid-August date...wife and kids are at the beach and I might have saved up enough the to see if I can get my hands on an LSD!!!!

Vito

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just wanted to add... families always welcome! I will be in attendance with our daughter and invite all the other wives and kiddies to join us. There are a lot of shops along Main Street and plenty of things to keep us ladies occupied (besides watching you guys drool over the watches)!

Perhaps this year I will start a first ever seminar entitled 'How to Cope When the One You Love is a WIS'....

Registration is free... b-)

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
the later in August the better,,,or early July

Mith- wanna carpool ? maybe Adam can come along for the ride ?

I'm interested in arriving on Friday, if I can....could always fly down and get a ride back

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Mrs Obie, clearly a wonderful lady and great watch fan, but you have not been bitten quite as badly yet. I know right now Warren is yelling...what? Registration is free? How am I ever going to get another Kobold if you are giving the seminars for free?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Along those lines...anyone who is thinking of attending in the line between Hampton, VA and Philly? Would be nice to have some company and a bit of help with gas money for part of the trip at least.

Deep C...you thinking of attending?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Liz, carpooling sounds like a good move...especially after I filled my tank today and the bill ran over $70 :-|

If anyone else is in line between New Haven and Philly, speak up now and we'll see what we can set up!

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Even though I voted for that july weekend ---That later weekend in August is looking good for me....Mith I live up nearer the RI border, but I'd come find you to carpool. Guys...I got a new telephoto lens for the Nikon....we'll be taking pix for sure. :-!

·
Registered
294 Posts
The sooner we lock down a date, the better...July and August are shaping up to be busy months.

On the plus side...my wife wants to come with. Now that she has an automatic of her own...I think she's starting to come over to the Dark Side :-!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Another change of vote, I'd listed the 2nd-3rd of August but that will be our baby shower. I'd prefer the later weekend in August.
J

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.