WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well folks,

I had occasion to stop at the TJ Maxx near my house to buy a rolling suitcase i had pondered over buying on Friday. I had decided to just go back and buy the thing.

I stopped back at the watch counter as I always do when I go into a Maxx. The jewelry manager (whom I have gotten to know well enough) told me she had found a couple of "forgotten" watches in the back of one of the inventory cabinets that morning. She showed me them and they were 2 of those limited edition Zodiac chronographs that TJ maxx had sold a few years ago. One was the blue on and the other was the black one. Long story short, I got them for $40.00 each plus tax. As i was paying for them, I noticed a cardboard box with a bunch of watch boxes in it. The manager stated they had arrived that morning and were to replenish the holes in the stock for the run up to father's Day. In that box was a blue Seiko box.

I asked to see the watch and to my surprise, it was a New Seiko SRP309 Orange Monster. To my further surprise, the watch was priced at $89.99 plus tax. I snapped that up. (the manager said she had never seen a credit card come out that quick)

The Monster is a July 2013 production date and still had the blue sticker on it. Who knows where that one came from.

So for under $200 I got two Zodiac Chronos and a Seiko SRP Monster (which is getting harder to find and more expensive to buy)

Here are a few pics showing the Monster and the tags. The watch is in a state of disassembly as i am not a metal bracelet person so it has been removed

So check your TJ Maxx stores and make friends with the jewelry folks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congratulations on a great score!! I've never in my life wanted to go to TJ Maxx. Ever. But the deals I see in the bargain thread and your post have me itching to go. The wife is going to freak out.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
nice... that is a very good score indeed... that orange monster is hella neat ..I would like one at some point

(great now i have to go to tjmax apparently..)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
If you decide you want to sell either of the Zodiacs, let me know. Are they the Adventure or the Sea Dragon?

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
That is a score. Every time I go into my local TJ Max all there is is cheap fashion watches in the watch counter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Awww c'mon...it's embarrassing the number of times I've stepped into TJ Maxx these past 2 weeks. There are so many around me - I've been to 6 or 7 of them, and have gone back for multiple visits. Figured there's nothing left to see, but now I'm sure I'll be going back again this week - Monster for $90?

·
Banned
952 Posts
Wow now THAT was a score.

I've yet to see a Monster in any of the 5 local TJ Maxx stores I cycle through.

My biggest "score" was last year in CA when I snagged a Zodiac Sea Dragon ZMX-06 Automatic for $300.

·
Banned
936 Posts
Where are the snaps of the other 2 watches? Its events like this that makes me believe in the existence of God.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I asked to see the watch and to my surprise, it was a New Seiko SRP309 Orange Monster. To my further surprise, the watch was priced at $89.99 plus tax. I snapped that up. (the manager said she had never seen a credit card come out that quick)
Awesome score!

I wonder if it was deliberately marked down, or because someone thought it was a 'cheap' Seiko 5. Love it when the 'stereotype' works in our favor :-d. Either way, it went to someone who knew what it was worth and I'm glad it worked out ;-)

Reactions: Capt Obvious

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Well folks,

I had occasion to stop at the TJ Maxx near my house to buy a rolling suitcase i had pondered over buying on Friday. I had decided to just go back and buy the thing.

I stopped back at the watch counter as I always do when I go into a Maxx. The jewelry manager (whom I have gotten to know well enough) told me she had found a couple of "forgotten" watches in the back of one of the inventory cabinets that morning. She showed me them and they were 2 of those limited edition Zodiac chronographs that TJ maxx had sold a few years ago. One was the blue on and the other was the black one. Long story short, I got them for $40.00 each plus tax. As i was paying for them, I noticed a cardboard box with a bunch of watch boxes in it. The manager stated they had arrived that morning and were to replenish the holes in the stock for the run up to father's Day. In that box was a blue Seiko box.

The Monster is a July 2013 production date and still had the blue sticker on it. Who knows where that one came from.

So for under $200 I got two Zodiac Chronos and a Seiko SRP Monster (which is getting harder to find and more expensive to buy)

Here are a few pics showing the Monster and the tags. The watch is in a state of disassembly as i am not a metal bracelet person so it has been removed

So check your TJ Maxx stores and make friends with the jewelry folks
Would like to some pics of the zodiacs

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah, my hand would go supersonic getting to my wallet for that deal. I also shop for luggage at TJM because I travel constantly and my suitcases get trashed. I always check the watch counter and the nicest thing I've found was a Seiko Solar day/date dress watch on an oyster-type solid band ($38). I gave that to my dad and he loves it. +1 sec in 90 days according to him. Most of what TJM has is common low grade fashion watches but quality does turn up.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Awesome score! I always stop by the watch counter when I'm there as well. All the one near me ever has are those hideous Diesel watches and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Awesome find! If that bracelet fits the fat Seiko spring bars, just shoot me your PayPal info and price for it.
Hi,

I have/had a few monsters; yes, the bracelet fits the fat 2.5mm Seiko bars for divers since this is a Seiko diver :)

One of the best quality bracelet produced by Seiko for their entry level watches. Really solid and comfortable. 20mm lug size.

Cheers!

S.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
All my TJM seems to have are Tommy Hilfiger and Skagen. As it happens, my wife and daughter seem to go there twice a week (including today). Wondering if I should tag along.
you should have them send you pics of the watch case (or maybe they'll get kicked out shooting photos???) and then tell them if you see anything.... that way u can scope out the watches.. and not go to TJM?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts