WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all recently purchased a new skx009k2 @ a good price from Amazon seller Dexclusive, shortly after I returned it as there was a small fiber that would get stuck on the second hand under the crystal.Next, I ordered an skx009k1 with the rubber strap from the same seller and this one has 5 or so particles of small dust and another although smaller fiber of some kind on the dial below the crystal.

Think its just a fluke that I got two "Bad" watches in a row? Anyone else have any small specks of dust etc on their skx's fresh out of the box? The watch is 100% genuine and the seller is great, deals with all sorts of high end watches and has thousands of good feedback comments etc on amazon.

First portion of serial# is 23 so im assuming its a March 2012 production

Thanks in advanced for the comments

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Now this is Papi, right??

But seriously... Dunno man. Seems like bad luck. All my Seikos from various vendors have never had that issue.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Now this is Papi, right??

But seriously... Dunno man. Seems like bad luck. All my Seikos from various vendors have never had that issue.
This is my take on it. Most of the watches ship from "the far east". I get a little nervous when I see "sold by XYZ", fulfilled by Amazon.

I personally received a problem watch in this manner. Frankly, there is no telling what you'll get. A problem, a repaired, a returned, whatever... there's a reason it went to Amazon to be "fulfilled" and not back to the far east from whence it originated.

I cannot see getting dust within a watch made by Seiko... unless it was opened by someone outside the factory. I'm very leery of anything from Amazon and watches these days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Similar thoughts have crossed my mind, however when I received both of them they had original blue protective stickers on them still.. Maybe an indication that they were not opened?

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I believe that Dexclusive is headquartered and located in Florida. They are not located in the far east.

I can tell you that I have over 12 brand new SKX007 and SKX009 diver's watches that I've purchased within the last 1 month form the far east directly from Japan and none of them have any dust particles or fibers underneath the crystal or on the dial.

I don't know where Dexclusive gets their watches from or if their supplier is from the far east. It would be interesting to know.

If I were you, I would send the watch back and ask for a full refund. Check out the Rakuten Japan website. You might have better luck buying directly from Japan. All of the ones that I received from Japan are flawless and they are also very fairly accurate within -8 to +11 seconds per day.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Similar thoughts have crossed my mind, however when I received both of them they had original blue protective stickers on them still.. Maybe an indication that they were not opened?
The SKX007 I got had the blue sticker... which wasn't stuck well, and came off after a day's wearing. Normally, they'll stick on, almost melt in a bit when you wear them, last maybe... a whole week or so. My experience at least.

Mine had all the tags, but arrived in a non Seiko box, with "store warranty" which is useless.

This is a learning process it seems for many purchasers.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Papi or TT has done it again!! How many times you mentioned Rakuten? Rakuten,Rakuten,Rakuten,Rakuten,Rakuten,Rakuten. Please!! Enough is enough.Enough is enough.Enough is enough.Enough is enough.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I was just trying to help the guy. He received a bad watch and I was only trying to steer him in the right direction to better sellers. The only reason why I mentioned Rakuten was because I've made numerous purchases from there from a few different sellers and I haven't had any issues with them. The OP deserves to find a seller that has better quality SKX009 watches. From my purchasing experience, I personally think that Rakuten Japan is the best place to find an SKX009 that doesn't have serious QC problems. That's why I referred it to him. You got a problem with that?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
BTW, Have you heard of SeiyaJapan or Higuchi ? All Japanese suppliers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input, after closer inspection with a simple magnifier there seems to be some sort of corrosion on the hands as well... not a good sign at all..

I've never dealt with any of those japanese sites and to be honest I tend to lean towards Amazon because of the great customer service.... Buying from Japan adds cost doesn't it(shipping, customs, exchange) ? do you suggest any retailers in specific on rakutan?

Has anybody else on here bought one of these from Dexclusive?

·
Registered
382 Posts
BTW, Have you heard of SeiyaJapan or Higuchi ? All Japanese suppliers.
who do not sell the skx009 ;)

but seriously, I import about 300 skx007's/skx009's a year (and a lot of other models)
NEVER had one with the mentioned stuff inside!
only real problem is that sometimes there a some kind of haze on the inside of the glass. Well known if you do a search, a big pain for resellers like me, because it is a stupid job to be cleaning the insides of glasses.

·
Registered
382 Posts
"Because of the great customer service"
what am I missing here....?

Thanks for the input, after closer inspection with a simple magnifier there seems to be some sort of corrosion on the hands as well... not a good sign at all..

I've never dealt with any of those japanese sites and to be honest I tend to lean towards Amazon because of the great customer service.... Buying from Japan adds cost doesn't it(shipping, customs, exchange) ? do you suggest any retailers in specific on rakutan?

Has anybody else on here bought one of these from Dexclusive?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think he means the site is based on a 1st world western country and can be chased/filed a complaint easily. Perhaps the OP does not know but most of the Amazon customer service (phone) is based in the Asia ( Philippines to be exact).

I can't say I had a bad service from Amazon. One time I enquired about the time delay for my order(1 day), they offered me FREE international post. That's pretty good.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, that's normal and there is nothing to worry about. Every my watch from Seiko to Omega have dust inside the case.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Yes, that's normal and there is nothing to worry about. Every my watch from Seiko to Omega have dust inside the case.
Really? Mine don't have any dust underneath the watch crystal or on the watch dial. I think that having dust particles on the dial underneath the crystal is unacceptable. Dust particles present means that the manufacturing environment during assembly sucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What I meant by "good service" is mostly explained by the return policy (the call centre is hit and miss)...I have a problem call them up they take it back with no shipping charges, so there's not to much to risk other than wasting my time.....

The dust under the crystal is exactly that, an indication of an unclean assembly environment. my concern isn't so much the aesthetics but the idea that there may be all sorts of other junk inside the case on the movement etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts