WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a watch from yokobies a couple weeks ago, bought an Orient Orca from a watchuseek member on the trade froum over the weekend, and ordered some nato straps from crown and buckle on sunday evening. Well I almost had a heart attack today when the mail carrier delieverd ALL 3 items at exactly the same time!! I was so excited, like a child on Christmas morning lol.

Here's a pic of all 3 boxes opened up, minus one nato strap that I put on a Timex (it had the world's most horrid strap on it)
Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory Jewellery

Here's the awesome Seiko 'Sea Monster' mod from yobokies (awesome guy to deal with, excellent work, definately will do business with him again!)
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Here's the Orca on a James Bond nato from crown and buckle. I ordered the natos before the watch came anticipating the factory rubber strap to be awful, but to my surprise it was extremely comfortable and I like it! I'll be switching all 3 bands out every now and again just for fun.
Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory

These are my first "real" watches and I'm loving every bit of them! The Seiko holds a special place for me because I like the fact it was customized just for me (plus it looks sweet), and the Orient is much nicer than I anticipated. I love the way they both feel and the bezels have a nice and crisp feel when I turn them. I think I'll buy another Orient next as they are so inexpensive, then maybe another modified 007 to look more military. I have the bug now!!

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Nice haul! It's been a while since I've had 2 or more turn up together but it's a lot of fun when it happens. Great choices by the way.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Beautiful watches - that Seiko mod looks like it'll glow bright enough to double as a streetlamp. Sorry you got the bug. Be afraid... be very afraid. :-x

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all! Yes I absolutely love them all and I have everyone on this forum to thank for my choices... you all pointed a noob watch affectionado into the right direction to start a decent collection. I have nothing to compare them to as these are my first natos but yes I find them extremely comfortable. I wore one all day long at work and never once felt like anything was on my wrist (except for the nice weight of the orca). Worth the money in my mind and I'll be buying more from c&b in the future as my collection expands. Zippo, I only budgeted the Seiko, then bought the Orca on an impulse and was very glad I did (i love it) and now that I'm literally itching to buy maybe an Orient Brazen I will have to reign myself in until my funds recouperate lol. Can't thank everyone here enough for being super cool people recommending excellent watches!

Oh and this pic does not at all do it justice, you'd have to see it in person, but here's the lume on the 'Sea Monster' mod
Green Black Turquoise Blue Aqua

1 - 10 of 10 Posts