WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this for 3 dollars.

I should have took my own before pictures but thats the sellers picture and its all I have. Honestly I didnt think it was going to come out this good. When I took it apart to clean and oil the movement I said what the heck and threw the dial in the super sonic machine. To my surprise it came out looking pretty good! I relumed the hands because it was ruined anyway and if I cant have original lume I atleast want working lume to see at night!. I dont know if hands are correct and still needs a second hand but its been getting plenty wrist time as it!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nicely done! I've never had good luck with dial cleaning---bad karma, I guess. :)

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
That's a really good find, Freddy. Three bucks is a no-brainer when it comes to making a gamble, and good job on getting it to a not only presentable, but actually quite lovely condition. You went a long way, from hoarding pin levers and Bombay Specials to that- that said, I'm impressed. Keep it up.

The movement is, of course, by ETA- which one exactly, I don't know. The exact calibre number should be under the balance. I think it's this one, or a derivative of it:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 1256

Reactions: FreddyNorton

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
you're starting to become one of my favorite users.

you literally horde up on strange beat up watches whom i thought nobody would want to start your collection, are taking radium dials out of its case, drop watches in toilets, and now buy a 3 dollar wittnauer watch and put the dial in a super sonic machine with an amazing outcome.

you're all over the place :D

would love to see where you are 1 year from now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts