WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up at a yard sale in a bag of watches for 3 dollars. I saw an early Timex quartz and a few others so I grabbed the bag. Got to the car and found this! The crown is horrid so I need to find out what ones to buy to replace it with but the watch runs wonderful and everything works on it! It had a terrible metal expansion band on it so I put this one on it and polished the crystal and love it. its 35mm wide not counting the crown. It is a reward for 25 years service in the Norton company so thats a cool coincidence! the inscription says 1974 so im assuming thats the year the watch was made. Also it made me bite the bullet and order a crystal puller so I can get inside it to change the crown. I love yard sale season.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great save. Looks in great shape. I missed two similar Hamiltons at an estate sale on Friday. A guy picked them up seconds before I could get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Great find! I love the rectangular center of the seconds hand.

You wonder how that weird crown got on there...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a better crown on there, only one I had that fit OK. Looks alot better now. Also the same sale I got this NOS Spiro Agnew watch for 3 dollars!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts