WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30 Day Challenge: Should we have a 30 day challenge?

For those who never wear all of their watches in their collection in a month. Maybe you have that favorite . . . . But maybe you have some that aren't getting out.

How about a challenge to wear every watch In the collection during October and post a photo each day?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, October 1, 2015:

Wore the 1999 Temption CGK203 today. I have it on the Temption Leather band with deployment clasp. The watch continues to fascinate me with its moon phase matching up to the current phase of the moon. I know, this is a simple thing. But its cool.

As much as I like this watch on its metal band, the leather band really makes the watch stand out. If anything, I actually like it better on leather.

I ordered the watch to my son's first homecoming. They had the obligatory homecoming bonfire. The bonfire made for some interesting photos.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I will try, though not enough to rotate a watch a day.

Wearing this today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem. It's not about the size of the collection. It's about wearing them all, even the ones you never put on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I might wear the same watch twice if the mood hits me!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
This sounds fun!

I will definitely end up going in a circle as I don't own 31 watches.

Today I am wearing my Breitling.
A little backstory to the watch.
I actually bought this several years before I got into watches. In my line of work people tend to be overly flashy so it seemed like a good fit at the time. I do appreciate it though I find it ostentatious sometimes. But it has lots of sentimental value for me as it was the first item I bought when my work started to really kick off and I feel like it was an important stepping stone for me.
20140723_142326.jpg

Reactions: Medusa and SC-Texas

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We did this on the Texas Horology facebook page and it was entertaining

·
Registered
769 Posts
Which Tudor is that?

I am assuming you are referring to me... It's the Black Bay, that was a reissue.

Reactions: SC-Texas

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I will play.. I have about 8 watches with 2-3 that I never really wear, so maybe this thread will force me to go through them all. Maybe fall in love again?

Anyways, I may not have the pic taken each day though. But here is what I am wearing right now, my newly acquired EXP II:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wearing this today.

Don't be "fooled" by the date...I am getting used to not adjusting the date, and it's getting there....

Have a great day ahead!

Reactions: hpark21

·
Registered
11,776 Posts
For Oct.2. The ordinary man wearing the reasonably priced watch.

A Seiko Fifty Five homage. It Dagaz'ed up.

View attachment 5549218

Cool! I have one I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow. I went with the no-date version. And I'm wearing the blue Seiko 5 base version today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
61,485 Posts
I, unfotunately, will bow out because not only would I have to decide which ones to leave out The ProDiver Date would be sure to get a sulk on.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Today I am wearing my crepas. The amazing thing about this watch is it is the only time in my life I saw a watch and absolutely had to have it. I searched for a couple months till a blue one cake up and grabbed it. Probably my favorite watch! uploadfromtaptalk1443883760329.jpeg

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Today, is my Seiko 7016 - 5020. The Tannk. This morning was my boys first trip to the house of waffles. Incidentally, it is awesome the first stage and I I'm getting to wear this watch. I recently purchased it from another watchuseek member here in Houston.

uploadfromtaptalk1443909405194.jpg

1 - 20 of 134 Posts