WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Distressed leather strap, I used a brass brush to roughen it's surface while it was wet, turned out pretty good now that it's dry.

I think I'll give it back to my Buddy, he'll appreciate it :)

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,890 Posts
Except that the Longines version (Cal. 350) still has a normal bearing:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Longines 350

But Citizen made something similar:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Citizen 4101

If all the bushings on the automatic winding system of that FHF were replaced with jewels, one might even get closer to the 60 jewels advertised. Could it be that someone swapped the movements?

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
913 Posts
Recently posted in the Enicar thread, 33 Jewels, haha!

Jet.jpg

And here are the extra jewels, one more is hidden in the intermediate wheel.

33 jewels.jpg

This watch is kind of like saying my iphone has 80GBs, I'd be content if I use up half of that space before the next one comes out. :)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
If all the bushings on the automatic winding system of that FHF were replaced with jewels, one might even get closer to the 60 jewels advertised. Could it be that someone swapped the movements?
Possible - indeed likely. But I guess we'll never know.:think:

And Preston - its not at all bulky thickness-wise as the rotor is around the movement not on top. But its 13.25'''.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well this would take the prize:

Except that it has a 17J movement inside. Still rather special though - the FHF 65 'Fontomatic'. bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: FHF 65

After Hartmut's investigation and putting some thought to it I'm convinced that there is a ring of jewels under that rotor ring. Logic tells me that the 17 jewel notation applies to the engine itself with the rotor system being comprised of the remaining.

Because after all most automatic systems that allow winding of the mainspring using the crown to pre charge are an "add on" so to speak that is independent of the rest of the movement.

Something like this but not mounted into the ring but on the "race" (I guess we'll call it) to aid in friction reduction.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Possible - indeed likely. But I guess we'll never know.:think:

And Preston - its not at all bulky thickness-wise as the rotor is around the movement not on top. But its 13.25'''.
Maybe a rephrase....bulky looking perhaps.

Peace,
Preston

1 - 13 of 13 Posts