WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I have about $300 in rewards on Amazon and would like to get a slightly higher-end G-Shock. What would you guys recommend? Must be solar/atomic and I'm not a huge fan of flashy colors. And I already have a Mudman and Rangeman.

Ready. Go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Congrats Skizzle, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Well, this backfired. Or went exactly as I hoped. I'm not sure. Just ordered the GW5000...
I'll take full responsibility for your actions if you need someone to blame haha. Enjoy it! From what I hear the quality of this model can't be shown in pictures. Let us know how it goes when you receive it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I've had the 5000 for a couple of days now and it's true, pics don't really do it justice. You have to feel the extra weight and touch the softer band to understand the extra cost. It somehow feels retro and modern at the same time, which I really like. I showed it to my brother after I got it and his response was "that looks so basic" and "you can get two pebble steels for that (price)." It's definitely one of those items that people who know what it is, understand, and those who don't know, don't get it. I've been a little too afraid to wear it to work because my job is very physical and I've been too nervous about scratching it this soon.

You all know what the 5000 looks like, but here's a pic anyway next to my GW5600. I figured it would be almost indistinguishable next to my 5600, but there's just something I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the slightly rearranged face. I haven't taken the time to compare dimensions, but maybe that has something to do with it.

This should hold me over for a while until I get those Amazon rewards back up or get the itch again, whichever comes first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts