WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

First of all, really fan of this forum!

I current own a Tag Heuer Professional 2000 and have really enjoyed it over the last year and I'm looking for more elegant watch. I work in the management consultant business, so I prefer a watch that's understated but still got the prestige. The watch will be my "It was a good 2016"-watch.

This watch will be my everyday watch (office 5 days a week) and I mostly wear suit.
Requirements:
  • Max 42mm
  • Automatic
  • SS Bracelet or leather with deployment clasp
  • Dosen't matter if it new or preowned

I have looked at the following watches - but is there any watches you guys could recommend in the 3K$ category.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 17.20.53.png
Zenith Elite

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 21.08.23.png
Omega AT
Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 11.24.56.jpg
GP Traveller
Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 17.19.46.png
Cartier Ronde Solo

Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I've never heard of Nivrel before...

Before it's stated: I have been looking at the Speedy - I'm going to an AD tomorrow and checking it our..

·
Registered
15,472 Posts
Nomos Club Dunkel or a BlackBay 36

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
Get the Omega AT. That Zenith's choice of font for the 11 bothers me greatly

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I've never heard of Nivrel before...

Before it's stated: I have been looking at the Speedy - I'm going to an AD tomorrow and checking it our..
Great watch, but you said 'dressy'. It's a sport watch really so not a top choice for YOUR specifics.

The Aquaterra is, IMO, the best choice of the ones you've shown us. The GP is handy with the alarm and GMT complications though the font is a bit too 'whimsical' for my tastes. The Cartier may be too dressy, but if you wear a suit everyday than it would be good. Can't warm to that Zenith personally, but that's just my tastes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This Jaeger LeCoultre Master Grande Ultra Thin is slightly above your budget but you might be able to haggle and is very dressy:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=496688

Rolex DJ, but maybe too flashy per your requests?

https://www.watchuseek.com/f30/fsot...2.html#/forumsite/20758/topics/3612282?page=1

This IWC Portofino Day/Date is very nice:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f30/fsot...4.html#/forumsite/20758/topics/3699754?page=1

You just missed out on this Nomos Metro but more will come up for sale:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-n...6.html#/forumsite/20758/topics/3692706?page=1

Just throwing out some more ideas other than the Omega AT and awesome Speedmaster you're already considering, both have plenty of listings on Watchrecon.

Good luck and post pictures when you decide.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Vulcain, if you want the alarm.
There are other Zenith out there with better design.
Sinn has some nice pieces in their Frankfurt line.
Nomo Orion is a good option, too.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The AT is extremely versatile, equal parts dressy and sporty. Another versatile piece (one that's comparatively under the radar) is the Damasko DK101:

Damasko DK101.JPG

It's within budget, dressy, and tough enough to go anywhere.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The Girard Perregaux is a standout in that crowd! imo.
AT, also look at quartz maybe? ..and Railmaster!
3k, getting close to rolex territory, an explorer perchance? or an oyster perpetual:think:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
When I hear dressy watches and will be in a suit the first ones that come to mind are Montblanc Heritage and JLC MUT.
Montblanc can easily be had for that budget sadly the JLC would be double that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Of this bunch I think the AT is the only option. The font on the GP is WAY too casual. But, I would really be looking at Grand Seiko's.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts